Rant: damn computers can be frustrating sometimes

ICyourNipple

Oct 9, 2000
i am really frustrated right now and just need to get this off my chest. why the hell do computers seemingly TRY to screw up every other second? i've been involved with computers for about 2 1/2 years now, and while not a computer expert, i'm far from an AOL "i need everything to work by pressing 1 button" user. my problem isn't neccessarily the difficulty of solving problems that come up, but in the sheer number of them. it seems that every single time things are working correctly, something else goes wrong. it comes to a point you get sick of going through search engines trying to figure out how to fix the latest computer error. i love computer games, but damn i literally spend more time getting them to work properly than actually playing them. it makes me sick and has me considering going exclusively to console gaming. part of my problem is my favorite game is Unreal Tournament. of course i have to like the game that has the sh!ttiest game engine ever made. i don't care what anyone says, IMO it is the worst graphics to ever grace a computer game. on my celeron 566@850 and overclocked GeForce 2 GTS i can't maintain a consistent 30 fps. the highest i get is probably about 35-45 fps, and at the lowest probably barely into double digits. and that is with many details off, and colors seeming corrupt at times. not only that, but EVERY SINGLE TIME i play it freezes up within 2 hours. and guess what, this is in WINDOWS 2000!! WTF????? its not the processor, its rock solid. anyway, i'll probably go back to trying to figure things out, maybe come back with a few questions. i dont see how anyone can say computers are more fun than consoles though...

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
I feel your pain. It seems like everytime I try and do something cool with my computer, it doesn't want to work. I always have to work my butt off. Also, it seems like the simplest things take forever to do when I do it. Something always goes wrong. :(

Budman

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I really feel your pain,and you're giving me pain too.

It's very painful when somebody types and never uses any paragraphs.;)

Trying to read this is almost impossible

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
I hate not being able to o/c my PIII-650 cB0, so I feel your pain.
BTW, which nipple do you see, I hope it's my right one...my left one looks too girlish imho.

ICyourNipple

Oct 9, 2000
alright ill explain how i got the idea for my name. you know how sometimes women wearing revealing dresses with lots of cleavage slip a nipple? thats what i was thinking of when i made this name, they usually don't slip BOTH nipples.

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
Well I just have a little safety tip for you. Don't get too close to them. If you poke your eye out on one, then you would not be able to see anything. ;)