Random resolution problems with multiple monitors w/ diff resolutions.

radeson

Dec 20, 2014
Hello,

I have the below rig in my sig updated with 2x 980ti Kingpins in SLI. I Have an LG 29" 29UM65-p 1080x2560; 21:9; 60 hz monitor as my main, and an ASUS 24" VS248H-p; 1080x1920 60hz monitor.

The Problem at hand is all of a sudden while in game today the resolution changed on the LG widescreen to 1080x1920. Actually it flashed black and then when it returned to "normal" the top and bottom 2 inches of the screen were black leaving a very long horizontal resolution. I have been running these 2 monitors together for months with different cards and setups also. I didnt change anything it just happened all of a sudden. What I do notice is that when I try to change the resolution back to normal it just quick flashes back to the 1080x1920 option in Nvidia control panel. This is very frustrating as I have wasted the last 2-3 hours trying to troubleshoot with no success.

Here is what I have tried: I tried re-installing the Nvidia drivers fresh after removing with Display Driver Uninstaller. I have tried rolling back the display drivers 1-2 generations. I have tried different display cables and different ports in the GPU. I have tried using HDMI and DVI cables on the 24". Among Other things.

What does temporarily work is unplugging the 24 inch monitor. It seems to be related to this monitor for some reason. When I unplug it I am able to use the LG monitor at native res. (1080x2560) When I plug the ASUS back in it reverts the LG to 1080x2560.... But this ultimately doesnt fix my problem. I really hope someone can shed some light on this situation.