random reboots after upgrading to x2 4200+ from a64 3400+

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

charris

Oct 10, 2007
@vexingv

Great! Happy to see you were finally able to figure it out. Seems like it has trouble with devices that require bulk data transfers possibly.

So far my system has been running stable as well, no more reboots at all, even seems a bit more responsive than usual. Just having some slight trouble with a DVD burner from time to time which I think may be due to an old internal IDE drive. Just doesn't happen enough for me to even figure out.

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
I'm having similar issues although mine is more BSOD-based. I'm curious, throughout all of this did you ever get a BSOD? I'd be curious to see if it was one of the ones I've been getting and if this is the case then maybe I'm having a similar issue.

charris

Oct 10, 2007
@aplefka
Nope, never got a single BSOD, as much as I had wished for one.

At least with a BSOD you can start to isolate things, rule things out sometimes. When I get a BSOD I always start thinking it's either memory or driver related.

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
Originally posted by: charris
@aplefka
Nope, never got a single BSOD, as much as I had wished for one.

At least with a BSOD you can start to isolate things, rule things out sometimes. When I get a BSOD I always start thinking it's either memory or driver related.

Weak. I guess my hunt for answers continues.

vexingv

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2002
i never received a BSOD either (which is why i believed the problem was hardware related). after plugging in my hub to the usb pci card everything has been fine for the past 2 weeks. from what i can tell, BSOD are more indicative of driver conflicts/errors or memory errors.

davexnet

Jun 2, 2001
I remember reading somewhere that some of the Nforce chipsets had problems with USB 2.0.
One solution was to set USB 1.1 in the bios. Sounds like you solution is better.