"Random" listing on LG phone Solitaire game

wpshooter

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2004
Not sure if this is the correct place for posting this, so feel free to move.

A friend was showing me their Solitaire game on their LG phone yesterday and I
noticed that there was a listing of the word "Random" at the bottom of the game
screen. The button/listing was not active, apparently just something showing the
status of the game. I went into the games settings and I did not seem to find any
setting that was related to that listing on the screen of the word "random".

Can anyone give me a hint as to what that listing means ?

Does it have something to do with the initial dealing of the cards or does it have
something to do with the dealing / cards that are revealed of the remaining cards after the initial
layout (dealing) of the card deck ?

Thanks.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
You're not sure if a cell phone game question belongs in PC Gaming?

On top of that, you can't even say what phone, and what game? Is it even a smart phone?

wpshooter

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2004
Yes, it is a smart phone and basically these phones are PCs. If there was a section for phone/computer questions, I did not see it.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
basically these phones are PCs.

and this is what the world has come to :(

On a serious note though, unless you can name the specific game in question, I doubt anyone here will be able to answer your question. phone apps are a dime a dozen.

wpshooter

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2004
and this is what the world has come to :(

On a serious note though, unless you can name the specific game in question, I doubt anyone here will be able to answer your question. phone apps are a dime a dozen.

I was not sitting there asking the user of the phone the specifics of the game nor was I asking them the in-depth details about their phone. If you have no general knowledge about the issue either just say so or refrain from you smug comments and I will just wait to see if someone with some manners might come along who has some general knowledge about Solitaire.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
After that post I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a helpful response. If you can't give us details about a game that has hundreds - if not thousands - of different iterations available, then we can't help you. And after your last response, I doubt anyone will want to help you.

Reactions: lxskllr

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
You're not sure if a cell phone game question belongs in PC Gaming?

It was decided by the heavenly powers above that they would merg pc gaming with mobile gaming, and have not yet updated the section name....

So yeah mobile gaming does belong in this section for clarification.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
It was decided by the heavenly powers above that they would merg pc gaming with mobile gaming, and have not yet updated the section name....

I never understood this reasoning. If you look at other forums like GameFAQs, their mobile and mobile gaming forums are really active. I feel like Anandtech - being a tech website - is ignoring a huge chunk of their potential audience by having a mobile sub-forum, but not mobile gaming.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Keith and I brought it to attention to the people above us, and they said something along the lines of not enough demand to warrant a new sub section.

Possibly if we start seeing more mobile gaming threads, we can request it again, but so far, the other admins are correct in not enough threads have been made for the need of a mobile gaming sub section.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I think people have questions but they don't know where to direct them and not seeing a specific mobile gaming sub-forum, they just don't ask. I've seen a few people try to make "recommend me a mobile game" and get barraged with "this isn't the right forum" responses.

I probably wouldn't use it much myself since my mobile gaming is limited to PSP and some emulators on my phone, but I just find it amusing that a tech website has a Home & Garden sub-forum, but the powers that be don't think mobile gaming (which encompasses all mobile devices from the Gameboy to mobile phones and tablets, through to the latest nVidia Shield and 3DS) would be popular.

Oh well.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Why not message your friend and ask them what specific Solitaire game they have out of the hundreds in the Google Play store?

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013

Yet console gaming gets its own section? Mobile gaming as a topic of discussion is going to be WAAAY more similar to console gaming than PC gaming. If you merge mobile and PC, might as well merge consoles as well.

P.S. I'd be fine if there was one giant gaming section, personally, as I do game across all platforms. Throw cardboard in there as well.