Rand Paul: Tea Bag turncoat

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
maybe he realized that if earmarks were banned.... obama would be the one doling out that money wherever he wanted. More like he came to his senses.

lol. You think that?

Really?

Do I really need to show you examples of obama's earmarks in the omnibus healthcare bill? Presidential spending that went against article 1 of the constitution. A bill that also included spending by NON-elected members of obama's white house.

You wouldn't believe it anyway blaming some right wing conspiracy.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Gee, I don't know, maybe because his dad has been in Congress for years?

Yes, thirteen years. Seems like he should've had this insight long ago if his daddy's been telling him all along how Washington works. But no, he runs on one thing that appeals to the stupidity of Kentuckians, gets elected, and then flip flops.

Just as he's giving Rand too much credit, aren't you judging him too early? He hasn't even voted on one bill yet. I'm the first to admit he has got a lot to prove, but damn, at least wait until he's a senator before we judge him as one.

I didn't say one word about any possible future performance. He might end up being the most balanced and open-minded liberal the Senate has ever seen.
His previous stance was radical right. Now it's not. I certainly don't have a problem with this change of events.
I do have a problem that he needed to be perceived as radical right to be electable. It doesn't say good things about the American voter when a politician has to feed them intelligence-free emotional junk food in order to get elected, then has to flip-flop in order to bring sanity back into the equation.
I would rather voters be smart enough to make a good decision than stupid and gullible and voting based on flights of fancy.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
I knew that idiot was a turn coat day after elected, we;ll a few days, on Sunday talk shows. Dodging everything about what we are going to cut when everyone knows 2 programs only make up fed def. Social Welfare and defense. That was off the table. Dumbass started talkeding " earmarks" and DOE.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Yes, thirteen years. Seems like he should've had this insight long ago if his daddy's been telling him all along how Washington works. But no, he runs on one thing that appeals to the stupidity of Kentuckians, gets elected, and then flip flops.

loliberals. They champion the downtrodden and poor, unless of course they don't vote Democrat.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006

I didn't say one word about any possible future performance. He might end up being the most balanced and open-minded liberal the Senate has ever seen.
His previous stance was radical right. Now it's not. I certainly don't have a problem with this change of events.
I do have a problem that he needed to be perceived as radical right to be electable. It doesn't say good things about the American voter when a politician has to feed them intelligence-free emotional junk food in order to get elected, then has to flip-flop in order to bring sanity back into the equation.
I would rather voters be smart enough to make a good decision than stupid and gullible and voting based on flights of fancy.

You just started paying attention to politics didn't you?

The last two presidents ran on "fiscal conservative" and "hope and change" and then did the exact opposite.

mrphones

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2001
What's that saying, you could at least buy me dinner first before sticking it there. You guys didn't even make to the restaurant yet (Jan 20, 2011)

Rand Paul already taking back a primary campaign promise to end earmarks. And you thought the incoming Tea Party candidates would be different??

I see Dick Army, Karl Rove and Fox News have been sucessful in putting a new coat of paint on that same piece of shit car, and actually found buyers. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/11/08/paul-earmarks-pledg/

Probably already mentioned, but I'm not reading every post.. :)

Get your story straight. He's against earmarks that don't go through committee or any type of vote, which are not really earmarks. The earmarks that everyone is bitching about are those that are just inserted to get the votes needed to pass whatever the main legislation is.

Do research before you go posting.. Please.. :)

matt0611

Golden Member
Oct 22, 2010
Probably already mentioned, but I'm not reading every post.. :)

Get your story straight. He's against earmarks that don't go through committee or any type of vote, which are not really earmarks. The earmarks that everyone is bitching about are those that are just inserted to get the votes needed to pass whatever the main legislation is.

Do research before you go posting.. Please.. :)

I posted a video in the second post where Rand lays this out clearly. It was ignored by everyone. I wonder why? :\

Its amazing how biased people can be when they disagree with someone yeah?

I'm going to be watching Rand closely to see if hes lived up to his promises. But geez, he hasn't even done anything yet. The blind hate in this thread is pretty ridiculous.