Ran out of HDMI ports on sub what are my options?

iamloco724

Nov 16, 2011
I have the Sony ct150, I have my Panasonic TC-L37DT30 plugged into the arc hdmi port on the sub, and in the 3 hdmi inputs I have my cable box, ps3 and popcorn hour media player

I want to be able to hook up my roku and possibly something else, i dont too much about this stuff so i hooked up my roku to hdmi 2 on my tv switched the tv input to that and i dont get sound from the roku with the soundbar, its still my cable feed playing through

so my assumptions is i cant hook it up this way

so what are my options to hook up 2 additional hdmi devices and get sound through the soundbar now t

Any more info needed please feel free to ask

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
Not sure what you mean the by the sub... If I understand correctly, you have some kind of device which has 3 HDMI input and 1 HDMI output? The HDMI output is connected to TV and the sound bar is connected TV's ARC?
And now you have 5 devices, your "sub" (maybe like a AVR?) only has 3 inputs.

If all the above assumptions are correct, then there are two possible solutions, does your "sub" have any other type of input like RCA or Component that you don't mind using? Or get a HDMI switch.

iamloco724

Nov 16, 2011
Not sure what you mean the by the sub... If I understand correctly, you have some kind of device which has 3 HDMI input and 1 HDMI output? The HDMI output is connected to TV and the sound bar is connected TV's ARC?
And now you have 5 devices, your "sub" (maybe like a AVR?) only has 3 inputs.

If all the above assumptions are correct, then there are two possible solutions, does your "sub" have any other type of input like RCA or Component that you don't mind using? Or get a HDMI switch.

The sub that came with the soundbar the soundbar is connected to that and the sub is what has all the ports