Rambus loses suit

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
Well their stock did nearly double in the last few months, before the market turned again. Cant imagine why anyone wouldnt sell after an 80%+ gain in 4 months. Anyone who got their head chopped off here definitely deserved it. Funny thing is that even after this huge loss it is still not at a 10 year low. Just goes to show how ridiculous this market is. (btw Im calling for a new 52 week low on the DOW within 10 weeks.)

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Can you imagine if they won $12B in tripple damages. That would have led to Micron and Hynix going bust and money that could have went to build four fabs going to hire armies of patent lawyers instead. It would have been an absolute disaster for the computer industry.

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
SM, if I got a boost like that I would probably divest a healthy portion to other stock... but I would not fully bail.

Apple/Yahoo/Google are all examples of short and long term gain.....

Then again, IBM took a LONG time to come back from their fall (the late 80's?), and I do not think AOL is ever coming back.