Rally for the Republic tickets now on sale at ticketmaster

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
It's time to buy your tickets! Today at 10:00AM CST tickets go on sale at www.ticketmaster.com for the Rally for the Republic in Minneapolis on September 2.

All Tickets sell for $17.76.:)

Ron Paul's followers are trading venues for a Minnesota rally planned during the Republican National Convention, giving them room for thousands more spectators.

The unflinching conservative and former Republican presidential candidate is the headliner for the Rally for the Republic. It will take place at Target Center, home of basketball's Minnesota Timberwolves. Organizers expect as many as 15,000 people to attend.
(Target Center holds upwards of 18,000)

The Republican National Convention is set for September 1-4 at St. Paul's Xcel Energy Center and will culminate with John McCain's nomination.

The Paul event planners had originally scoped out a college basketball arena that seats about 11,000 people. Local coordinator Marianne Stebbins says Paul will speak the evening of September 2.

Dallasnews

I'm sure the march was something special but this one is going to be a blow the roof off sort of event.
Anyone going to make it to the Twin Cites for either this or the RNC?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I am actually tempted to attend this just to hear what he has to say. I work downtown a few blocks from the Target center.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
WOW!:Q

4000+ tickets sold in the first hour! Awesome!

Where are all the Anandtech Ron Paul freedom loving people?
Are you all cowering in fear of humiliation? Show some hope for the future.
Maybe I am wrong. Maybe we are hopeless. Maybe Paul really doesn't have any support and the people who take pride in mocking and attempting to make jokes on my behalf are all correct. Maybe if I am convicted and lonely enough I'll quit posting anything concerning Ron Paul and let the majority have what it wants...
...for me to keep my mouth shut.
Good grief people show me a little support.
This will be Ron Pauls last major event until he runs again in 2011.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: bamacre
Not sure if I can go, 13hr drive doesn't sound too appealing.

Just drive faster.:D
If I were within 1500 miles I would go in a heartbeat.
Unfortunately for me it's a $1500 plane ticket.

There is no doubt in my mind that this is going to be an incredible event.
If they end up doubling the other smaller republican convention it's going to shame McCain to no end.:cookie:

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
I'm confused, which costumes are we suppose to wear, the Star Trek ones or the Star Wars ones?

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
I'm confused, which costumes are we suppose to wear, the Star Trek ones or the Star Wars ones?

Many will be wearing their military uniforms.
I don't think you'll be able to dissuade them from doing otherwise.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Perry404

That would impress the girl in attendence.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Perry404

That would impress the girl in attendence.

Yes it's ok for you to be impressed. :thumbsup:

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

I think they won't have a problem if you wear your biker costume. Even if you pull up in your Honda.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

I think they won't have a problem if you wear your biker costume. Even if you pull up in your Honda.
Excuse me, Cavalier:thumbsup:

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

Excuse me, Cavalier:thumbsup:

:p