Raidmax PSU problems with new build

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Quiksilver
Originally posted by: Psyqo
I came to peace with the fact that the PSU is probably not faulty, just underpowered for my needs and bought an Antec Earthwatts 650 yesterday as Micro Center had a good deal (and I couldn't wait any longer to get this thing running). I'm happy to report that all is well with the new build!

Thanks for all your help guys.

It was a bit of both actually... a crap PSU and the fact it's now a "real" 500W PSU.
It's probably over-rated by at least 150W and uses cheap crap ass components.

Are you saying that the Earthwatts is over-rated? I hope not.

yh125d

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2006
Originally posted by: VirtualLarry
I came to peace with the fact that the PSU is probably not faulty, just underpowered for my needs and bought an Antec Earthwatts 650 yesterday as Micro Center had a good deal (and I couldn't wait any longer to get this thing running). I'm happy to report that all is well with the new build!

It was a bit of both actually... a crap PSU and the fact it's now a "real" 500W PSU.

Are you saying that the Earthwatts is over-rated? I hope not.

He was referring to the OPs original PSU

SparkyJJO

Lifer
May 16, 2002

You mean real 650W PSU, the earthwatts isn't overrated. That Raidmax, however, most certainly was :p

Quiksilver

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2005
Originally posted by: SparkyJJO

You mean real 650W PSU, the earthwatts isn't overrated. That Raidmax, however, most certainly was :p

Eh, I was referring to the raidmax but yeah the 650W is fine.

(Note: It seems when I typing that I was thinking ahead of myself as I was typing and ended up typing the thoughts wrong and didn't notice. I fixed the original.)