Rage: The Scorchers DLC

Dec 28, 2001
I know RAGE isn't the newest or the most popular game out there, but personally I really enjoyed the game and snatched up the DLC on day one - due to space constraints (my only PC is a laptop) I've had to reinstall Rage and start from scratch so it may be a bit before I can get to the good stuff - but what does the rest (if any) of the AT PC Gaming community think about it?

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
About a DLC that should have been included in the game in the first place, since RAGE had no ending... it wasn't ever finished (they just pushed a 1/2 done game out), until now I guess.

Dec 28, 2001
About a DLC that should have been included in the game in the first place, since RAGE had no ending... it wasn't ever finished (they just pushed a 1/2 done game out), until now I guess.

So what parts from the doc should have been included in the first place? I am personally okay with how the game ended but I could also see how it was a letdown; but I did enjoy playing it so I am looking forward to the next playthrough!

nemesismk2

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2001
www.ultimatehardware.net
So what parts from the doc should have been included in the first place? I am personally okay with how the game ended but I could also see how it was a letdown; but I did enjoy playing it so I am looking forward to the next playthrough!

I played Rage from start to end and there was some good action so i am sure to get the Scorchers DLC because i enjoyed Rage.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002

Doc? DLC I assume your talking about ?
From what I read about the DLC, it continues on from where it ended right, and now, you can keep playing the game after the DLC part "ends".

While I didn't think the game was that bad, the crappy low res textures, and the way it did end, screams it was unfinished.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002

To me, it was more incomplete than just the conclusion. It just seem to flat line in terms of plot sequences, game mechanics, and features. By the time you unlock or discover new items or features, the game is over so you really can't use them. It also feels like the entire story revolves around one or two areas of the map which isn't that big to begin with.

AVP

Jan 19, 2005
I own rage, and want to play it, but not enough to download 21gb :(

lol

wuliheron

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2011
The Scorcher's DLC feels to me like id playing around with how to do levels using the id tech 5, perhaps practice for Doom 4. Lots of corridors and confined spaces so far because although megatextures are great for panoramic views, but it increases the download. With all the seriously crappy DLCs sold I have to say this is one of the best out there if you like the game.

Dec 28, 2001
I installed Scorchers, but how do I actually see the new content?

I started playing and there are new notifications/quests that auto-populated. It might help if you go to Dan Hagar's town, that's where the mission begins - looks like the DLC missions are designed to be mixed in with the game progression, not in an isolated area by itself.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
I started playing and there are new notifications/quests that auto-populated. It might help if you go to Dan Hagar's town, that's where the mission begins - looks like the DLC missions are designed to be mixed in with the game progression, not in an isolated area by itself.

Thanks, where did you start from? Your latest saved game into the main campaign or?

wuliheron

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2011
Start with exploring the caves in the Hagar settlement after you get a shotgun and some decent ammo.