Rage really is pretty bad isn't it...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
It's not bad imo. I played it for about about 10-15 hrs before moving on to better games. It's just.....forgettable. There's nothing in it that hasn't been done better somewhere else, and some of the textures are so bad it made my laugh out loud.

Agreed - it also didn't help that it came out after games like Fallout 3 and Borderlands - giving it that look of already been done...

Krakn3Dfx

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2000
I think people are too hard on Rage personally. I played through it and beat it, and the only complaint I have it the largely crap ending that made it feel like they developed 60% of a game, ran out of time, and tacked it on. I'm going to pick up the new DLC because I'm pretty stoked to jump back into that world for a bit.

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
some 5 years with ID's "It'll be done when its done" attitude, they shouldn't have been running out of time, though i agree it felt like that. I just hated the static quest givers and back n forth crap. got old quick.

Kyanzes

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2005
Played it for a few hours (maybe 4-5) then I got bored. I especially disliked vehicle handling. Some may like it. Think that was what put me off.