Rage Against the Machine

swayinOtis

Banned
Sep 19, 2000

What is the best, rockinest Rage album?

Thanks

I like Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Soundgarden. Something along those lines.

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
the battle of the city of LA is pretty damn good, however, I think most of them are awesome.

dam(sleep now in the fire)

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
The first one (self titled) is the best by far.

EDIT: damn dougcio beat me to it. We almost said the exact same thing too. Scary. ;)

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
The first without a doubt.

Viper GTS <-- Like(s/d) the music, but thinks they should quit trying to be politicians

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

<< I haven't heard the first one but of the 3 I have I would have to say Evil Empire. >>

Seriously, if you haven't heard the first album, you haven't heard Rage Against the Machine. I like their other stuff, but that first one is just world's above the rest of the their albums. Them live at Lollapalooza 93 was great. Although I thought they were better when I saw them at San Jose State about a couple of years later. They ROCKED the Event Center.

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

<< Well I've heard Killing in the Name Of which I think is a damn good song. >>

Believe it or not, its probably the worst song on the album, besides the "Fvck you I won't do what you tell me" part of course. Other than that, the song is pretty mediocre compared to the stuff on the rest of the album.

royaldank

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2001
Not sure if it's with a new front man or not, but there is a new Rage album coming out in the next month or two...

I remember reading it in Rolling Stone but I haven't been able to track down any more info.

First album is the best, followed by Evil Empire.

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

<< Not sure if it's with a new front man or not, but there is a new Rage album coming out in the next month or two...

I remember reading it in Rolling Stone but I haven't been able to track down any more info.

>>

Yea, I heard it is Chris Cornell that is taking over for Zach. Blech! No thanks. I liked Chris Cornell in Soundgarden, but he is not the right fit for Rage. To me Zach de La Rocha and Tom Morello are Rage Against the Machine. When Zach left, they needed to just say, screw it, and get a new name, because they aren't the same band.

Nemesis77

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
RATM = Same song, over and over again. But hey, how many new songs CAN you write about politics?

Phuz

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2000
I saw them! I saw RATM! yaaaaaah! :)
I'm so happy I saw them before it all came crashing down.. ahhh.. RAGE..

The first CD is probably their best, but Evil Empire was AMAZING.

Tuff choice.

<< RATM = Same song, over and over again. But hey, how many new songs CAN you write about politics? >>

Go away.

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
They all have their own sounds. It's really just personal preference. I really like Evil Empire and Battle of LA better than the first one. The music is more defined and the lyrics are better written, IMO.

polypterus

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2001

<<

<< Not sure if it's with a new front man or not, but there is a new Rage album coming out in the next month or two...

>>

Yea, I heard it is Chris Cornell that is taking over for Zach. Blech! No thanks. I liked Chris Cornell in Soundgarden, but he is not the right fit for Rage. To me Zach de La Rocha and Tom Morello are Rage Against the Machine. When Zach left, they needed to just say, screw it, and get a new name, because they aren't the same band.
>>

Chris Cornell in RATM? :Q :Q Granted Cornell is pretty awesome but he would sound pretty funky in Rage... wow that's just weird, hadn't heard that.

dc

swayinOtis

Banned
Sep 19, 2000

yeah, i have heard they have a lot of socio-polical messages in their songs. i can over look that if the music rocks. lol

chris cornell of soundgarden is supposed to be singing with them now. scott ian from anthrax said they have the potential to be the best band ever.

i heard a song that the rage guitarist did with Alice's Layne Staley. it was a song for a movie soundtrack, i think. they called themselves the class of '99. they did a cover of the Pink Floyd song "another brick in the wall." I thought it was sick.

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001

<< RATM = Same song, over and over again. But hey, how many new songs CAN you write about politics? >>

Same music over and over again, too. How many songs can you write in the key of F# minor?

Jul 12, 2001
dont even have to think about this one

the first album blows the rest away

I got to see them twice-

the first time i believe it was right before evil emipre came out or right when it did...saw them at Roseland in NYC...great small venue all General Admission...was right up 20 feet from the stage the whole time...damn that was the best show i have ever seen, that and NIN/Bowie..only one i could think of seeing in the future that is better from what i hear is Tool, but gotta see them someplace small too

2nd time was in Baltimore at an arena...sucked (well didnt suck)...but nothing compared to seeing them in a club