Radio news interview with anti-war protester claims this is no victory

DZip

Apr 11, 2000
I just heard an interview with an anti-war protester on WLW 700 AM Cincinnati that claim's this victory is really a ruse. She said that since she has not seen any evidence of a democracy proves the anti-war protesters were right. What does it take for these people to accept the fact that we did the right thing? How could you expect them to have a constitution and free elections only hours after arriving in Baghbad. The Iraqi's will put their government together, the US never intended to form it for them.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: DZip
I just heard an interview with an anti-war protester on WLW 700 AM Cincinnati that claim's this victory is really a ruse. She said that since she has not seen any evidence of a democracy proves the anti-war protesters were right. What does it take for these people to accept the fact that we did the right thing? How could you expect them to have a constitution and free elections only hours after arriving in Baghbad. The Iraqi's will put their government together, the US never intended to form it for them.

Why can't you just believe them, damn, whats wrong with you, of course they know better than the Iraqi people themselves...

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Gotta love talk radio. The people who call up aren't much better than attention whores. Heck, most of the hosts, too! :Q

(BTW, I miss the old shockie smily...this one looks stoned)

Rogue

Banned
Jan 28, 2000
Just another "chirping bird" espousing the normal BS that they've become famous for. :D

Judgement

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001

I wish she could say that to the faces of the U.S. soldiers, U.K. soldiers, freed Iraqi people and those who died fighting for Iraq's freedom while the continual onslaught of pain dished out on her is videotaped for me to enjoy.

TheShiz

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

how do you know the last sentence of this? Do you know the history of how the US has formed and influenced foreign governments of the smaller countries? We have put many dictators in place and made a lot of mistakes, so I am suspisious of what will happen in Iraq now, but hopefully with all the attention on it we will actually help further a democracy there, even though the majority of Iraqi people are Shia, and may side with Iran.

PG

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
How can anyone be on talk radio at this time UNLESS THEY DON'T HAVE A JOB!!

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000

The anit-war protester was right. C'mon its been nearly 3 weeks since the war started and at least 24 hours since the information ministry has stopped spewing thier crap. Where are the freaking elections already??!?!?!?

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
I thought we would be given at least 12 years.......:D

Right now it's time for a :beer: for a job well done, cheers.

DZip

Apr 11, 2000
12 years may not be enough. We should ask the UN how long would be enough time. They want an active roll in post war Iraq they could be the timekeepers.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
because this is no victory

sure i'm glad to see a certain subset of iraqi's gain some freedom and bash in saddam's statue

but this whole campaign for WMD's has obviously been nothing but a ruse for an assassination attempt

bush pulled the ol' bait-and-switch on us

and that's why so much dissention has been created over this SHAM

bush raped a country in order to settle an old debt for his daddy

there was no doubt about the outcome--the almighty U.S. bombing a country whose defenses have been castrated for the past 12 years; what a joke

and now over 3 weeks later, where the ##LL are those WMD's? if iraq has been such a breeding ground for them, and U.S. has half-decent intelligence, why can't the U.S. pull anything out to satisfy those with doubts?

pathetic

Rogue

Banned
Jan 28, 2000
So then, are you discounting the removal of a ruthless dictator because it was a secondary objective and not necessarily the primary one? Why don't all you people just consider that Saddam is a weapon of mass destruction all by himself. Alone he has killed or had killed more people than any single banned weapon he could possess. He is the ultimate biological weapon.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
but saddam isn't a weapon of mass destruction

he's barely ever hurt anyone outside of iraqi borders

PlasticJesus

Mar 16, 2001
Some folks will never learn. Was her speech normal, or did she sound like she had a freakin' huge welt on her left jaw?

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Over a million and a half died in the Iran/Iraq war. He has invaded two of his neighboors.

Are you suggesting the million and half that died due to his noncompliance with inspections coupled with his neglect should be dismissed because it happened inside his own border? By that reasoning we should dismiss the executions, rapes, and other forms of torture and brutality he imposed on 22,000,000 people?

leinadM

Dec 13, 2002
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
but saddam isn't a weapon of mass destruction

he's barely ever hurt anyone outside of iraqi borders

Yeah, and the people he's hurt are pretty worthless anyways, right?
rolleye.gif

PG

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
because this is no victory

sure i'm glad to see a certain subset of iraqi's gain some freedom and bash in saddam's statue

but this whole campaign for WMD's has obviously been nothing but a ruse for an assassination attempt

bush pulled the ol' bait-and-switch on us

and that's why so much dissention has been created over this SHAM

bush raped a country in order to settle an old debt for his daddy

there was no doubt about the outcome--the almighty U.S. bombing a country whose defenses have been castrated for the past 12 years; what a joke

and now over 3 weeks later, where the ##LL are those WMD's? if iraq has been such a breeding ground for them, and U.S. has half-decent intelligence, why can't the U.S. pull anything out to satisfy those with doubts?

pathetic

Doesn't an underground nuclear facility count as WMD? I would think so.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=31966

You are the one who is pathetic. Pull your head out of your ass and pay attention to the news.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: PlasticJesus
Some folks will never learn. Was her speech normal, or did she sound like she had a freakin' huge welt on her left jaw?

If the Iraqi people cheering our troops and praising Bush did not convince them how misinformed they are, nothing will. Maybe thay asshat will have some respect for the law in the future, the same law which helps protect her rights and freedoms.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Great excerpt from that nuke article:

"At the time, Israel's audacious preemptive strike was almost universally condemned, but later praised by many for helping thwart Iraq's development of nuclear weapons."

sound familiar?

Rogue

Banned
Jan 28, 2000
Since when was it necessary for a weapon of mass destruction to be utilized outside of a country's borders for it to be considered a weapon of mass destruction anyway? As stated, he has gone outside his borders on several occasions over the years to wreak his own havoc on people. It could also be argued that his brutal regime breeds terrorism and contempt for the American people by it's actions. Just look, for years everyone had only him to listen to and they'd have you believe that the Iraqi people absolutely hate Americans and would not be open to liberation by the American people. I suppose that's all wrong again, but I'm not gonna rub anyone's nose in it for my own personal satisfaction. It's sad that because your stance has more or less been demolished in the last 24-48 hours by the images you've seen, that you would attack a great occurrance on it's "technical" points. It's almost like saying, "Yeah, you removed my appendix that could have killed me, but you had to cut my skin open in the process, so the whole operation was a failure."

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Rogue
It's almost like saying, "Yeah, you removed my appendix that could have killed me, but you had to cut my skin open in the process, so the whole operation was a failure."

wrong.

leinadM

Dec 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Rogue
It's almost like saying, "Yeah, you removed my appendix that could have killed me, but you had to cut my skin open in the process, so the whole operation was a failure."

wrong.

Why is that wrong?

PG

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
Originally posted by: PG
snipped

Doesn't an underground nuclear facility count as WMD? I would think so.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=31966

You are the one who is pathetic. Pull your head out of your ass and pay attention to the news.

me pathetic? well WHO is using a crap news source? hmmm?

as far as hurting others, ok i forgot about the iran/iraq war; shoot me lol
crap news source? That came from an embeded reporter who works for that "crap" source.