RadeonPro for ATI cards

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
Haven't seen a thread about this..

http://www.radeonpro.info/

It's like nhancer for ATI cards. I've never liked CCC and ATI tray tools game profiles don't work very well for me, but so far this program has been great. Development just started a month or two ago but it seems quite stable in it's RC1 version. I've been waiting for something just like this, nhancer for nvidia cards is great.

Post back with how it works for you if you try it!

lsv

Golden Member
Dec 18, 2009
The only thing I ever opened up was that reg fix for the Nvidia drivers that allowed overclocking. ATI has this available.

Why is this better than CCC ?

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
CCC in my opinion has a terrible interface, this is light and fast and has more options than CCC, including force D3D triple buffering. Which is pretty important for decent frame rates with vsync on in games that don't natively support TB.

You can also define a hotkey to show FPS, choose which AA mode you want (for AA on alpha textures, like chain link fences), etc

Skurge

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2009
ATI tool messes up my steam overlay, will this do the same?

Tempered81

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
Why is this better than CCC ?

It's customizable gaming profiles. It's basically what NVCP has that CCC lacks.

Want to run AA in singularity, and No aa in Batman automatically when you launch each game? With this program you don't have to resort to changing settings in CCC before you startup each game.

WaitingForNehalem

Platinum Member
Aug 24, 2008
ATI needs to hire this guy since apparently they are unable to design something better than CCC. That is the biggest thing that is keeping me from going back to ATI.

play it the way it's meant to be!

Hmm, where have I heard that before?

Jul 10, 2005
I downloaded RadeonPro, and I have to say, I really like it so far. It's really nice to be able to force triple buffering and v-sync for D3D. Yes, I know that ATI Tray Tools does this, but I never had the patience to get it working on Vista x64 (the whole unsigned driver bit).

As stated before, I think ATI needs to hire this guy.

evolucion8

Platinum Member
Jun 17, 2005
I tried this tool a week ago and works like a champ. This was my story; I installed Singularity and found out that I can't force Anti Aliasing and Crossfire doesn't work well (Hoorray, another UT3 engine game with AA issues with AMD hardware), and with RadeonPRo tools, I was able to force Anti Aliasing and use the best CF method, I used them all and AFR gave me the best performance boost, now I can enjoy the game with 16x AA and no slowdowns!!

I also used it in the ATi's Screen Space demo and worked too, before I had to rename the demo's.exe to AFRFRIENDLYD3D.exe and then the demo would use CF, but with RadeonPRO, I didn't have to. There's some games that are sensitive to exe renaming, and with this little tool, I feel that I have control of my Crossfire setup.

Sylvanas

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2004
Wow, a few of these tools have popped up recently, this seems to bring it all together into one application and by the looks of the screenshots it looks quite user friendly too. Bookmarked for later

Skurge

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2009
Wow, a few of these tools have popped up recently, this seems to bring it all together into one application and by the looks of the screenshots it looks quite user friendly too. Bookmarked for later

I just downloaded it. Its awesome! I don't think im ever touching CCC again.

Last edited:

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Damn, this is swank.:D It's an incredible ripoff of NVIDIA's control panel, nevertheless a per-game profile system is something I for one have wanted for ages. Plus it's much easier to use than ATI Tray Tools.

Does anyone know how the underpinnings work? ATT actually changed the global driver settings when it detected an application launch, which was messy. Does RP handle this in a different manner?

Qbah

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2005
AA doesn't work for me in SC2 or ME2 (Steam version) when using this utility (didn't try other games). AA works great when forced through CCC for both games. So the tool is kinda useless for me. It even warns you when trying to force a specific AA mode for Steam games, that it's not supported for Steam games.

Since CCC works for everything (with triple buffering via D3D Overrider), I won't be using this.

evolucion8

Platinum Member
Jun 17, 2005
May be there's a way to force it with Steam games, but the utility requires a direct shortcut access to the game's exe. And really loved the utility, being able to force Anti Aliasing, Triple Buffering and Crossfire support, all in a simple utility. AMD should hire this guy and scrap the CCC and make a new software with more control for the users.

tokie

Golden Member
Jun 1, 2006
This is the one issue that was making me consider buying an Nvidia card: per-game profiles with automatic activation.

CCC lets you do per-game profiles, but it's messy and you have to manually change to a profile before launching a game. This application fixes that, and it just hides in the background.

extra

Golden Member
Dec 18, 1999
Wow, GREAT program (were you the one that made this?) This is sitting on my box with the 5770 for sure.

AMD hire this guy please.

cusideabelincoln

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2008
Well I've been playing around with it. It works, nice.

Although I ran into one hitch. When forcing AA through a profile and also having AA turned on in TF2, if I alt tabbed out and back into the game then I would lose AA. If I tried to turn change the AA settings in game then it would crash. Leaving AA application controlled works fine.

Also the screen capture doesn't seem to be working. I bound it to F12 but I see no pictures in the folder. I tried jpegs and pngs. Didn't bother with bmps as Fraps can already do that for me.

bryanW1995

Lifer
May 22, 2007
interesting. maybe if I still had an amd card I could try it out. well, that and if I wasn't playing TQ, FF 3, and the original legend of zelda right now... :)