Radeon X600 256MB Hypermemory. Can it support Dual Display?

vikd

Jan 16, 2007
Hi, I have a Dell Dimension E510 and it has a PCIe x16 card which per Device manager is a Radeon X600 256 MB Card. The card has a DVI connector, VGA connector and another connector which I think is a Tv-out. Is this card capable of a Dual Display setup. I am thinking of getting a dongle which converts DVI to 2 VGA connectors. I have seen this setup however am not sure if the graphics card can support it. Can someone please help? Another question I had was if it is capable of dual display than is it a DVI-I or DVI-D. I have a Dell 2007WFP monitor. Thanks

vikd

Jan 16, 2007
I just found this page from dell http://support.dell.com/suppor...eo/P98391/en/setup.htm.

So I guess the card can support dual monitor however I am confused by the terminology. Now they are talking about a DMS-59 connector. From what it looks like it is just a DVI connector but is it a DVI-D or DVI-I or DVI-A.

I can find references to DMS-59 to dual vga y cables. Can someone please confirm if this is what is needed to get dual monitor functionality. I don't mind using the VGA connector on the monitor as that is what I am using currently. Thanks

vikd

Jan 16, 2007
Just got some more information. I saw the connector at the back of my video card and it is not a DMS-59 connector. Its a DVI-I connector. Now I am really confused. Pls. help. Thx

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
More than likely, you have both a DVI-I connector, as well as a VGA connector. You can connect both a VGA and a DVI-D display, or two VGA displays, one using a DVI-I-to-VGA adaptor.

Foxery

Golden Member
Jan 24, 2008
Yep. If you see both a DVI and a VGA connector, that means 2 monitors. If there were only 1, any sort of Y-adapter would only be able to display the same picture on both.