Radeon SW Adrenalin Edition 19.5.1 (19.10.15.01) - 13.5.2019

Krteq

May 22, 2015
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.5.1 Highlights

Support For

• RAGE®2
    • Up to 16% performance gains with AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.5.1, on an AMD Radeon™ VII.

• Windows®10 May 2019 Update

• Instruction Tracing for Radeon GPU Profiler 1.5.X

Fixed Issues

• Performance metrics overlay may experience intermittent flicker when playing back protected content with this feature enabled.
  • DOOM™ may experience an application hang during launch on AMD XConnect™ Technology system configurations.
  • Radeon Software installation may fail or get stuck at 33% when installing on AMD Radeon HD 7970 system configurations.
  • Some Radeon RX 400 and Radeon RX 500 series graphics products may experience a system hang when hot plugging 8K displays.
  • AMD Radeon VII may fail to apply Radeon Settings video profiles to video playback.
  • HTC VIVE™ devices may experience connection or detection issues by the OS or SteamVR™.
  • System instability may be experienced on ASUS TUF Gaming FX505 laptop when a wireless display is connected.
  • Stuttering or frame drop may be experienced when playing back DivX interlaced content in the Windows® Movies & TV application.
  • Radeon RX Vega series graphics products may experience higher than expected memory clocks at idle or desktop with multi-display system configurations.
  • Some system configurations may not be able to set 10-Bit color in Radeon Settings when the connected display is set to 4K 60hz.
  • Enhanced Sync may fail to enable on Radeon FreeSync enabled displays in DirectX®9 API games on game first launch.
  • AMD Link may experience intermittent authentication issues. An update of the AMD Link application is also required.

Known Issues

• Radeon ReLive streaming and uploading of videos and other content to Facebook™ is currently unavailable.
  • ASUS TUF Gaming FX505 may experience discrete GPU connection issues with devices disappearing from device manager when the system is idle.
  • World War Z™ may experience texture flickering or corruption on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products when using the Vulkan™ API.
  • AMD Radeon VII may experience screen flicker in multi display setups on desktop or while applications are running.
  • Performance metrics overlay and Radeon WattMan gauges may experience inaccurate fluctuating readings on AMD Radeon VII.
  • World War Z™ may experience an application hang after extended periods of play when using Vulkan™ API.
  • HDR Video may freeze or have corruption during playback when using Movies and TV Application with some Ryzen APUs.

Important Notes

• Support for AMD Mantle API Technology has been discontinued starting with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.5.1. Users who wish to continue to use AMD Mantle API Technology may do so with prior supported Radeon Software releases.
  • Support for AMD Enduro™ technology switchable graphics mode has been discontinued starting with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.5.1. Users who wish to continue to use AMD Enduro™ technology switchable graphics mode may do so with prior supported Radeon Software releases.

Download and complete release notes: Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 19.5.1 Release Notes

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
Wow, no Mantle! Fascinating. I know it was deprecated, but it's interesting to see that Mantle was still supported for so long.

edit: anyone ran into a bug on Radeon VII (or any other AMD card for that matter) spinning up its fan from loading a profile that has max fan speed, only to get stuck at 3850 rpm when switching to a different profile or to default?

Last edited:

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Pity about the mantle. It was great in BF4.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
I am pretty sure Vulkan is alive, well and still in development.

Reactions: Shamrock

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
For a moment, I was like, "WTF is 'Mantle'". Then I remembered the slides. I guess that was the pre-curser to Vulkan? And that games/apps could be re-written to use the Vulkan API without much trouble? (Maybe?)

Anyways, not sure what all used Mantle, other than BF4 had a path for it.\

I tried these new 19.5.1 drivers on Win10 Pro on my main R5 1600 rig with 2x RX 570 8GB MSI cards, I had issues. Mostly, monitor sleep, while mining on the card, using the "Compute" driver mode/file(s), when I went to wake up the monitor, I would just get static, nothing but static. Changing the input port on my display, and then back, or powering the display off, then on again, DIDN'T HELP.

So I un-installed and re-installed 19.4.3 instead, and now things are goovy again.