Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-17.9.1

Despoiler

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2007
https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-ar...mson-ReLive-Edition-17.9.1-Release-Notes.aspx

Article Number:
RN-WIN-RADEONCRIMSONRELIVE-17.9.1
Radeon™ Software Crimson ReLive Edition is AMD's advanced graphics software for enabling high-performance gaming and engaging VR experiences. Create, capture, and share your remarkable moments. Effortlessly boost performance and efficiency. Experience Radeon Software with industry-leading user satisfaction, rigorously-tested stability, comprehensive certification, and more.

Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.9.1 Highlights

Fixed Issues

• After resuming from sleep and playing back video content the system may become unresponsive on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
  • Radeon ReLive Toolbar and Instant Replay features may experience issues or fail to work when playing Guild Wars 2™.
  • Mouse stuttering may be observed on some Radeon RX graphics products when Radeon WattMan is open and running in the background or other third party GPU information polling apps are running in the background.
  • Radeon Software Installer may shrink or appear very small when installing on some 4K HDTVs.
  • Radeon Settings may sometimes experience a hang or crash when viewing the Display tab.
  • Moonlight Blade™ may fail to launch on some Radeon Graphics Core Next series products.
  • Titanfall™ 2 may experience a hang or crash on some Radeon GCN1.0 series graphics products.
  • Random corruption may appear in Microsoft desktop productivity applications.
Known Issues

• On a limited number of systems Radeon Software may display an erroneous "1603 Error" after installing Radeon Software. This error will not affect your Radeon Software installation.
  • Unstable Radeon WattMan profiles may not be restored to default after a system hang. A workaround is to launch Radeon WattMan after reboot and restore settings to default.
  • Overwatch™ may experience a random or intermittent hang on some system configurations.
  • GPU Scaling may fail to work on some DirectX®11 applications.
  • Secondary displays may show corruption or green screen when the display/system enters sleep or hibernate with content playing.
  • Bezel compensation in mixed mode Eyefinity cannot be applied.
Package Contents

The Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.9.1 installation package contains the following:

• Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.9.1 Driver Version 17.30.1081 (Windows Driver Store Version 22.19.676.0)

kawi6rr

Oct 17, 2013
After installing on my Saphire RX 570 Mechwarrior Online wouldn't load into game. I had to revert back to the older driver 17.6.2 I think it was?

Windows 7 Pro
FX 8350

DaQuteness

Mar 6, 2008
Latest versions drop support for Windows 8.1 and I assume Windows 7 as well, will get back to you on that.

wege12

May 11, 2015
For the past three AMD driver updates, I have lost the ability to overclock my Fury X. Whenever I try to apply any overclocks that I know are stable for my chip through Trixx, my performance goes down by at least 50%. Any idea how I can regain the ability to overclock and GAIN performance?

DaQuteness

Mar 6, 2008
For the past three AMD driver updates, I have lost the ability to overclock my Fury X. Whenever I try to apply any overclocks that I know are stable for my chip through Trixx, my performance goes down by at least 50%. Any idea how I can regain the ability to overclock and GAIN performance?

I would stick to using WattMan, WattTool or Afterburner. I know in theory they all do the same thing but I have found them to be a fairly consistent combination of tools. Also the latest drivers are not really meant to bring any upgrades for previous generations, but focused on Vega, if this persists you could roll back until this is restored.

Which version of Windows are you using?

Reactions: wege12

wege12

May 11, 2015
I would stick to using WattMan, WattTool or Afterburner. I know in theory they all do the same thing but I have found them to be a fairly consistent combination of tools. Also the latest drivers are not really meant to bring any upgrades for previous generations, but focused on Vega, if this persists you could roll back until this is restored.

Which version of Windows are you using?

I am using Windows 10 64bit. Any specific version of afterburner? And where can I find older AMD drivers?

Thanks

DaQuteness

Mar 6, 2008
I am using Windows 10 64bit. Any specific version of afterburner? And where can I find older AMD drivers?

Thanks

You can find previous drivers here: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous?os=Windows 10 - 64
Afterburner here: https://www.guru3d.com/files-get/msi-afterburner-beta-download,30.html - if the beta doesn't work, look for 4.3.0 instead, although 4.4.0 Beta 12 should be fine for you - again, use WattMan first, if it doesn't work, then go for Afterburner;
WattTool 0.92 here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1609782/watttool-a-simple-tool-that-combines-overclocking-with-vrm-monitoring-tweaking-for-rx-400-series
DDU here: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html - use safe-mode cleanup and make sure you have the chipset drivers installed afterwards, on full-AMD setups sometimes the software also removes chipset when it can't differentiate so keep an eye out for this one, but it's as close as you'll get to a fresh install.

Feel free to ask for more help if this doesn't work for you.
Cheers!
V.

Reactions: wege12 and kawi6rr

Despoiler

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2007

Known issue. Trixx needs to be updated. AMD updated their OC & power management SDK. Trixx hasn't updated to use the new scheme.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
anyone else try Death of the Outsider (Dishonored 2) on a Vega with these drivers? game stutters like crazy; I'm trying to figure it out. other titles are perfectly fine so perhaps it's the game engine itself or the driver needs to be reworked. I remember similar issues when D2 first launched last year but most of those were ironed out. i can run the game alright on the other Ryzen machine with the RX 480 but I'd like to max it out with Vega if possible.

eh, if anyone can dig up more info that'd be cool. few people noted some improvements on Windows 7 but I'm on 10 (both Ryzen PC's are 10)

DaQuteness

Mar 6, 2008
anyone else try Death of the Outsider (Dishonored 2) on a Vega with these drivers? game stutters like crazy; I'm trying to figure it out. other titles are perfectly fine so perhaps it's the game engine itself or the driver needs to be reworked. I remember similar issues when D2 first launched last year but most of those were ironed out. i can run the game alright on the other Ryzen machine with the RX 480 but I'd like to max it out with Vega if possible.

eh, if anyone can dig up more info that'd be cool. few people noted some improvements on Windows 7 but I'm on 10 (both Ryzen PC's are 10)
Ah, man I really wish I could help but I have the FE with shitty drivers anyway (17.6). I can give it a shot and see where it lands but I can't promise soon, I maxed out my games budget for this month :(

DaQuteness

Mar 6, 2008
probably going to sound a bit overkill for you, but something I do to quickly troubleshoot these kinds of issues and tell if it's software or hardware is I always have a Win7, Win10 and Linux live USB sticks, all three fairly high performers USB3.0 like SanDisk extreme series. Also use something like DeepFreeze to maintain the clean install state after a reboot.

Anyway, it's just one method for troubleshooting drivers/hardware.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
that's odd, lots of users (myself included) reported that OC worked again after the new version... HBM or GDDR5. i will say though that I could not get my clocks to where they were before AMD messed with the software but it was better than nothing, but just slightly I suppose.

Wattman still resets my Vega every few startups but I haven't had any other issues so far.

wege12

May 11, 2015
that's odd, lots of users (myself included) reported that OC worked again after the new version... HBM or GDDR5. i will say though that I could not get my clocks to where they were before AMD messed with the software but it was better than nothing, but just slightly I suppose.

Wattman still resets my Vega every few startups but I haven't had any other issues so far.

Any other suggestions? It bothers me knowing that I have performance being untapped.

Reinvented

Oct 5, 2005
Any other suggestions? It bothers me knowing that I have performance being untapped.

It's still a known issue when trying to change wattman settings and adjusting power limit in conjunction with states. Gamers Nexus I believe has a video on this. Not sure if it's been corrected in 17.9.2 yet.

wege12

May 11, 2015
It's still a known issue when trying to change wattman settings and adjusting power limit in conjunction with states. Gamers Nexus I believe has a video on this. Not sure if it's been corrected in 17.9.2 yet.

Hopefully AMD fixes this issue soon. I searched for the Gamer Nexus video on the subject but could not locate it. Do you happen to have the link to it?

Reinvented

Oct 5, 2005
Reactions: wege12