Radeon Rx 6400

GunsMadeAmericaFree

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2007
So happy to finally see AMD release a successor to the RX 550. I have a system that is limited to low profile and it only has 55 Watts available. I've been using the RX 550 for almost 3 years, and haven't seen a new card with better performance that uses 55 Watts or less.

Now there's the RX 6400, which uses about 53 Watts, and has triple the performance of the RX 550. I can finally upgrade my old video cards!

gdansk

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2011
It's too expensive for a GPU with bad transcoding. But in your extremely limited PC I suppose it makes sense

• Haha
Reactions: DAPUNISHER

SPBHM

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2012
it's just a shame that the pcie is limited to x4 4.0, so if you are going to pair it with an older PC that's yet another bottleneck... but...
well the gaming performance seems fine, it's just the other limitations that are a bummer... not a terrible card, it's nice to see some new low end stuff.

GunsMadeAmericaFree

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2007
it's just a shame that the pcie is limited to x4 4.0, so if you are going to pair it with an older PC that's yet another bottleneck... but...
well the gaming performance seems fine, it's just the other limitations that are a bummer... not a terrible card, it's nice to see some new low end stuff.

Agreed, I've been watching for the past couple of years for a low profile, low wattage card to replace the RX 550. Still may wait a bit longer, since video card prices seem headed down presently...

Reactions: DAPUNISHER