Radeon 4850 by Manufacturer

IlllI

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2002
did you look at the picture? its got the standard generic heatsink/fan that most of them come with.

MrDiSante

Jul 18, 2006
Thanks for pointing that out, I wouldn't consider myself an avid follower of cooling solutions (I don't recognize them by site), in fact I'd say I'm pretty ignorant and only do my research when I'm about to buy something, mainly by asking people on tech forums that I've found to be reliable in the past.

Should I expect any heat issues if I have an Antec Sonata II case with the airduct installed, a P965 chipset (which can get pretty toasty), e6600 (stock frequency/heatsink), or shortened lifespan for the 4850/other components?

Sylvanas

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2004
Originally posted by: MrDiSante
Thanks for pointing that out, I wouldn't consider myself an avid follower of cooling solutions (I don't recognize them by site), in fact I'd say I'm pretty ignorant and only do my research when I'm about to buy something, mainly by asking people on tech forums that I've found to be reliable in the past.

Should I expect any heat issues if I have an Antec Sonata II case with the airduct installed, a P965 chipset (which can get pretty toasty), e6600 (stock frequency/heatsink), or shortened lifespan for the 4850/other components?

Any 4850 will be fine (they are all much the same- most built on the reference design), all CPU's and GPU's are designed to operate at temperatures of 95c or more so heat is largely not a 'problem' it is just a preferable extra that if you can buy a cooler running card then it's a bonus. It is suggested that Visiontek are the partner of choice since they offer a lifetime warranty.