Racist School Counselor Fired For Remarks

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
A middle school counselor in Grand Prairie, Texas was fired this afternoon after posting a racist comment on a Dallas TV station's Facebook page covering the fertilizer plant explosion in West, Texas. The counselor, identified as Karon Wright, worked at Andrew Jackson Middle School in Grand Prairie, a suburb west of Dallas.

On Thursday morning, Wright allegedly used her Facebook account to comment on the Dallas ABC affiliate WFAA Facebook page, which had posted the text of President Barack Obama's statement on the West tragedy. After users posted comments critical of the President, Wright allegedly posted the following statement:

"It's amazing how the "whites" get angry when Obama speaks. Oh well....it is most of the whites who is getting blown away. So they will soon be wiped from the earth. Lol."

Wright's comments soon went viral, after another Facebook user posted a screenshot of her comments on her timeline, along with the email of Mike Skinner, President of the Grand Prairie ISD school board. The Facebook user asked others to complain that such a person should not be allowed to counsel children. Wright's comment was later removed from the WFAA page. Within hours, the Grand Prairie ISD website posted this announcement on their home page:

“A statement posted on WFAA’s Facebook page purportedly by an employee of this District has been brought to our attention. We find this statement to be highly offensive, insensitive to the tragedy happening to our friends and neighbors in West, and disrespectful to the very human bond that we share with the people of West, especially those who have lost their loved ones. The employee whose account appears to be responsible for the post was immediately relieved of all duties. Our thoughts and prayers are with the West community"

She will probably sue for wrongful termination and win.

http://www.examiner.com/article/school-counselor-fired-for-racist-comments-about-west-texas-tragedy

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Wow, that's Incorruptible level of stupid right there.
(The school councilor not Grand Prairie ISD)

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
I bet she's one of those people that has their occupation listed when they leave comments.

Apr 27, 2012
Wow, that's Incorruptible level of stupid right there.

Wow, that's crackrabbit level of stupid right there.
:D

The school counselor is completely wrong for what she did. What she wrote was reprehensible and she should be fired.

gevorg

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2004
The real question is how someone like that became a school counselor?

tacosrcool

Apr 12, 2013
You know since the US is filled with racism, I find this stupid. Everything here in the US is based on race. To get benefits, to get into college, to get jobs, etc are all based on race. I don't see why this is a big deal (except for the being wiped off the earth part).

Jan 25, 2011
She's allowed to say stupid things and her employer is allowed to fire her.

Free speech issue not found. :thumbsdown:

Sorry that was a specific reference to one poster who frequently lobbies against free speech rights for groups he disagrees with while claiming to love and uphold the constitution.

I know she has every right to say it and to face the consequences.

Apr 27, 2012
Sorry that was a specific reference to one poster who frequently lobbies against free speech rights for groups he disagrees with while claiming to love and uphold the constitution.

I know she has every right to say it and to face the consequences.

I have always been a big advocate of free speech. It`s people like you who are against it. Do you remember what happened to the Christians in Michigan

Jan 25, 2011
I have always been a big advocate of free speech. It`s people like you who are against it. Do you remember what happened to the Christians in Michigan

You should probably reread that thread as no one said they shouldn't have had a right to assemble. Just that the end result should not have been surprising given the nature of their actions.

To not derail this thread further I won't post the many examples of your conflicting stances on free speech.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
it's good she's no longer is a position to influence children. hope it stays that way. what a cuntinuous source of inspiration.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
They fired her...but she still has a personal page on their website. They only remove the link to it.

http://www.gpisd.org/Page/6574

She sucks at writing...yet, she has two Masters' Degrees. I really guess anyone can do it.

It is with great pleasure to serve the students and parents of Jackson Middle School. I believe as a counselor you gain knowledge in guidance and leadership to help students, parents, teachers, and fellow colleagues recognize the strategies and concepts that could improve the student’s academic growth in education and society. My soul is compassionate about the needs of our diverse student population and their growth emotionally and socially to become productive citizens. By creating a rapport and relationship with students and parents develops a focus on the negative attributes and converting them into positive contributions to better our children. With your support and trust, we can work together in creating a successful present for a brighter future!

Also:

Wright denies she wrote the comment, and said her account was hacked.
"My Facebook account was hacked and the statement that was made is not of my character. I am a school counselor who will never 1) jeopardize my family, 2) jeopardize my job, and 3) jeopardize the trust of the students, parents, staff, faculty, and administration of GPISD," Wright wrote in a statement to News 8. "I am upset that this statement was posted on the WFAA website without Josh Davis nor WFAA calling the true source to get the true story. I am truly saddened by the tragedies in Boston and West, Texas. I have prayed for those cities and the families whom was impacted for I wish no such catastrophe to happen to ANYONE regardless of race, nationality, etc. This is not and will never be apart of my character or what I stand for."
She closed her statement saying her goal "has been and will always be to support my students in a professional manner."
Wright said she has filed a complaint with Facebook about the comment, and hired an attorney.

Last edited:

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
They fired her...but she still has a personal page on their website. They only remove the link to it.

http://www.gpisd.org/Page/6574

She sucks at writing...yet, she has two Masters' Degrees. I really guess anyone can do it.

Yep, more gems:

By creating a rapport and relationship with students and parents develops a focus on the negative attributes and converting them into positive contributions to better our children.

Wah?

I have prayed for those cities and the families whom was impacted

I don't know where she got her degrees from, but apparently being able to communicate in English is not a requirement there. :D

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006
I don't know where she got her degrees from, but apparently being able to communicate in English is not a requirement there. :D

Naw dawg, she speak English good and stuff.

idiocracy.jpg