R9 270X

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Briando

Jan 1, 2017
except from that because i dont think that is possible plus my gpu ran fine with the dual psu for like 2 months no error

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

MrTeal

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003
Running two PSUs to a GPU is generally fine. You don't completely parallel them, you just use the 12V outputs of the secondary to power the PCIe power plugs on the second GPU. You can buy adapters that turn on the second PSU based on the status of the first one, but it doesn't cause an issue* to power up the PCIe plugs before the switching on your computer.

*Just make sure you remember to shut off the other PSU if you take the card out with the cables attached and set it down somewhere metallish.

Briando

Jan 1, 2017
ye but the problem is the fans spins and i get no display with gpu only with hd graphics

MrTeal

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003
ye but the problem is the fans spins and i get no display with gpu only with hd graphics

Check you're actually getting power on the secondary supply. I've had fans spinning up but not outputting if I don't bring up the secondary supply first.

Briando

Jan 1, 2017
yup it has power because i tried conecting the cpu with the second psu and it works fine