(R) Elector - "Why I Will Not Cast My Electoral Vote for Donald Trump"

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Democrats don't know how to behave, except like little adolescent snots, when they don't get their way. I'm seeing people, who's candidate lost, acting like this in real life, on a daily basis. I saw a lady deliberately pick a fight with a man, at the grocery store yesterday, just because he had a Trump bumper sticker. She just went up and started screaming at him for helping destroy her America. Some people are so immature to be losing their shit like that. If Hillary would have won, I'd have just taken it in stride and moved on.

All those incidents you cite, should be a hint as what is to come... Maybe they're not all wrong? One, two, three maybe .. but that many, acting out like that? It should get you thinking... just a little bit.. like, what the hell is going on, and go from there.
I am most confident you wouldnt see the same scene if ie. Mitt had won or McCain, this is very specific to Trump. Why is that?

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
All those incidents you cite, should be a hint as what is to come... Maybe they're not all wrong? One, two, three maybe .. but that many, acting out like that? It should get you thinking... just a little bit.. like, what the hell is going on, and go from there.
I am most confident you wouldnt see the same scene if ie. Mitt had won or McCain, this is very specific to Trump. Why is that?
lol Wait - because proggies are moronic, that proves they have a reason to be moronic? Circular reasoning is circular, dude.

The hard left said exactly the same things about Romney and McCain. And about Reagan, Bush I, and Bush II. The only real change-up has been the part where you argued that the billionaire isn't really rich enough to call himself a successful businessman. This violent mob mentality has been steadily building as it gets better funded, and at this point, every conservative is going to get the same treatment. Ironically, it is funded largely through an organization which named itself "Move On".

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Democrats don't know how to behave, except like little adolescent snots, when they don't get their way. I'm seeing people, who's candidate lost, acting like this in real life, on a daily basis. I saw a lady deliberately pick a fight with a man, at the grocery store yesterday, just because he had a Trump bumper sticker. She just went up and started screaming at him for helping destroy her America. Some people are so immature to be losing their shit like that. If Hillary would have won, I'd have just taken it in stride and moved on.
I wouldn't say Democrats in general. I know several ardent Hillary supporters, but none of them are personally attacking Trump supporters. (Of course, I am in Tennessee where Trump beat Hillary roughly three to one, so if/when the libtards start screaming hate, there will probably be someone willing to give it back.) But certainly there is a very vocal and hateful minority who literally cannot handle losing. I blame our shift into snowflake parenting and education.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Democrats don't know how to behave, except like little adolescent snots, when they don't get their way. .

This is hilarious. I mean, it is fucking hysterical. At levels even you probably can't comprehend.

You probably think Republicans haven't been controlling Congress for the last 6 years, huh?

Amazing. Were you able to finish typing that sentence without throwing up a little in your mouth?

I mean, do you just ignore everything that comes out of your turtle's mouth? Seriously? Have you been watching some alternative information portal broadcast out of some bizzarro dimension that is tangentially similar to our earthbound reality?

lmfao, dude. L M F A O

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I wouldn't say Democrats in general. I know several ardent Hillary supporters, but none of them are personally attacking Trump supporters. (Of course, I am in Tennessee where Trump beat Hillary roughly three to one, so if/when the libtards start screaming hate, there will probably be someone willing to give it back.) But certainly there is a very vocal and hateful minority who literally cannot handle losing. I blame our shift into snowflake parenting and education.

If we are assuming snowflake parenting and education is to blame can you explain the last eight years with the birther nonsense and things like that coming from conservatives (who in many cases were on the old side)? I mean what was that other than a very vocal and hateful minority who literally couldn't handle losing?

Jul 9, 2009
If we are assuming snowflake parenting and education is to blame can you explain the last eight years with the birther nonsense and things like that coming from conservatives (who in many cases were on the old side)? I mean what was that other than a very vocal and hateful minority who literally couldn't handle losing?
So now that you're part of the vocal and hateful voters that can't handle losing it's OK ?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
So now that you're part of the vocal and hateful voters that can't handle losing it's OK ?

Huh? What made you think I can't handle losing? My complaints about Trump are entirely based on his documented behavior and stated policy positions, not insane conspiracy theories like birthers.

Lots of conservatives completely lost their mind when Obama won and then won again. Remember FEMA camps? Remember birtherism? Remember Obama being the literal antichrist? A secret Muslim? That's a sign of a crazed, hateful, and very vocal minority that couldn't handle losing.

Jul 9, 2009
Huh? What made you think I can't handle losing? My complaints about Trump are entirely based on his documented behavior and stated policy positions, not insane conspiracy theories like birthers.

Lots of conservatives completely lost their mind when Obama won and then won again. Remember FEMA camps? Remember birtherism? Remember Obama being the literal antichrist? A secret Muslim? That's a sign of a crazed, hateful, and very vocal minority that couldn't handle losing.
umm no, not really, i guess i just wasn't listening at the right places.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
umm no, not really, i guess i just wasn't listening at the right places.

And by 'the right places' you must mean 'places where Republicans talked' then, haha.

For example a poll last year found that 43% of Republicans thought Obama was a Muslim and about 20 percent thought he wasn't born in the US (birthers):
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2015/images/09/12/iranpoll.pdf

There's other polling that showed around 20% of Republicans thinking that Obama was the antichrist. That's sure a lot of people you didn't know! (or more likely you're lying that you don't remember those things)

Jul 9, 2009
And by 'the right places' you must mean 'places where Republicans talked' then, haha.

For example a poll last year found that 43% of Republicans thought Obama was a Muslim and about 20 percent thought he wasn't born in the US (birthers):
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2015/images/09/12/iranpoll.pdf

There's other polling that showed around 20% of Republicans thinking that Obama was the antichrist. That's sure a lot of people you didn't know! (or more likely you're lying that you don't remember those things)
That's not what the poll you posted said when those polled were asked where they thought Barack Obama was born. In your posted poll of those that lean Republican 68% said Hawaii or the United States with 14% saying no opinion. If you post a poll at least you should know what is in it.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
That's not what the poll you posted said when those polled were asked where they thought Barack Obama was born. In your posted poll of those that lean Republican 68% said Hawaii or the United States with 14% saying no opinion. If you post a poll at least you should know what is in it.

Direct from the poll on page 34:

Question 35
"On another subject, where was Barack Obama born, as far as you know?"

Lean Republican:
Africa: 7%
Kenya: 9%
Middle East: 1%
Indonesia/Asia: 1%
Another country: 1%
Sum: 19% or as I said it, 'about 20%'.

If you're going to try and call someone else out for not knowing what's in a poll you should DEFINITELY know what is in it. lol.

Anyway, nice attempt at deflecting. 43% of Republicans thought Obama was a secret Muslim and about 20% thought he was a birther. Talk about insane, hateful people who can't accept they lost an election, right???

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016

Let's not pretend being wrong on just about everything has any impact on what you say or do. Next time this gets trotted out you can be reliably counted on to be just as pathologically dishonest.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Let's not pretend being wrong on just about everything has any impact on what you say or do. Next time this gets trotted out you can be reliably counted on to be just as pathologically dishonest.

It is kind of funny that his argument seems to be 'You said about 20% of Republicans think Obama wasn't born in the US? You're so stupid, the poll you linked said that 82% of Republicans thought he was!'

100% - 82% being 18% of course... which is about 20%. lol. Our education system has truly failed.

(the 1% difference is rounding)

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
It is kind of funny that his argument seems to be 'You said about 20% of Republicans think Obama wasn't born in the US? You're so stupid, the poll you linked said that 82% of Republicans thought he was!'

100% - 82% being 18% of course... which is about 20%. lol. Our education system has truly failed.

(the 1% difference is rounding)
He may not understand that term^^