QUIZ: Are you a neoconservative ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
"Based on your answers, you are most likely a liberal. Read below to learn more about each foreign policy perspective."

Are wary of American arrogance and hypocrisy: (yes)
Trace much of today's anti-American hatred to previous US foreign policies. (yes)
Believe political solutions are inherently superior to military solutions (case by case)
Believe the US is morally bound to intervene in humanitarian crises (in the long run yes)
Oppose American imperialism (YES)
Support international law, alliances, and agreements (yes)
Encourage US participation in the UN (YES)
Believe US economic policies must help lift up the world's poor (it is cheaper than bombing them)
Historical liberal: President Woodrow Wilson

Modern liberal: President Jimmy Carter

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: PrinceofWands
Originally posted by: Dari
Why are most people so afraid of these neo-conservatives? If anyone took the time to read their P.O.V., unlike Clinton in the 1990s, you'll find that it is spot on. I don't want to go into too much detail but here are a few tidbits:

From the ruins of the Second World War stood a country that stood far above all others. In 1945, America had the world's largest military, accounted for over half of the entire globe's GDP, and was the supreme conquerer of Nazi Europe and Fascist Asia. Instead of ruling with an iron-fist over those we defeated, America set about creating international institutions and spreading our idealisms that have been a remarkable success ever since. These institutions brought the entire globe out of the ruins of war and colonialism.

As the largest military, economic, and diplomatic power on Earth today, it is absolutely essential for the United States to be the world's policeman. That basically means holding up the international laws and norms that the various US-initiated international institutions, not unlike the UN, WTO, IMF, NATO, SEATO, WB, and others, have created. This is in the best interest of America. As globalization spreads, so will peace and prosperity for all. For those "realist" and isolationist Americans, they need to face the harsh reality that the world is a different place. We can't simply remove ourselves from the global arena. We have to be more engaged until the entire globe is synchronized and operating under the very ideals that created our beloved country: life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. It's happening now and there should be no stopping it. As with the global economy, the world depends on the United States for global security more than ever, as much as they would hate to say it. That is something that the UN by itself cannot enforce. There is absolutely no turning back the clock.

Using the mythical "peace dividend" as an illusionary excuse to cripple the world's only superpower, Bill Clinton did great harm to globalization and compromised our security. That left the gates of hell open and 9/11 occured. Even as I speak right now, plans are being hatched in Latin America to undermine US security. Unfortuntely, that hole will be closed only when terror attacks have been carried out.

The vision of a neocon is simple:
Unparralled supremacy of American idealism
globalization at full-throttle
full integration of the global village
world peace via international laws and democratic regimes
the absence of terror
unparralled American global leadership

To paraphrase, a wise man once said that the future is already here, just unevenly distributed. Well, the future is America. We are what the world will look like. We are the world. There is no stopping the inevitable.

Holy freaking $h1t you scare me. It's a damn good thing I'm former military with expert training and lifelong dedication to combat and higher ideals...you'll accomplish your goals over my dead body...which you may do, but I'm taking out 20 like you for every 1 like me you guys silence. Jesus H what is WRONG WITH THE DAMN WORLD???!!!
You'd do better than 20 to 1 as it seems every Neocon is a Chickenhawk with little or no military training what so ever. I guess when you haven't seen the horrors of war it is easier to wage one.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
How the hell did I get Liberal. I don't agree with any of their stances. Stupid Quiz.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: CPA
How the hell did I get Liberal. I don't agree with any of their stances. Stupid Quiz.
LOL:) I got Isolationist.

I'll trade ya.

Oh, and go back to the quick and click results without answering any of the questions. I guess everyone is initially and Isolationist. Again, stupid quiz.

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Fencer128
# Promote the development of an American empire

Are you sure you mean that?

Also, I didn't see the word "empire" appearing in this definition of neoconservatism.

Personally I'm opposed to the position of neoconservatism - identifying and preferring the outline of "realist" but don't label myself as such. I share views from various perspectives.

Cheers,

Andy

i believe you misunderstand, the text below the neo-con quotes go with the quote above it.

Maetryx

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
I also got liberal. I think maybe I'm liberal when it comes to foreign policy and conservative when it comes to domestic policy. That quiz was all about foreign policy. I would have figured myself for a conservative or an isolationist. I'm registered Libertarian out of sheer disappointment with most Republicans and Democrats.