Quit my job and today was last day.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Originally posted by: effee
yes, the 3rd one is dog meat. the rest are birds

Omg thats freaking nasty (looks like a German Shepard) ... actually same thing happened to a friend of mine when he was stuck in Hong Kong for 6 months & he said it was delicious! :p

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
:(
if I ever found out I ate puppy somewhere, I would storm into the kitchen and proceed to beat down the man who cooked that meat.

sniperruff

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Captante

Omg thats freaking nasty (looks like a German Shepard) ... actually same thing happened to a friend of mine when he was stuck in Hong Kong for 6 months & he said it was delicious! :p

unlikely. eating dog is illegal in hong kong.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Originally posted by: sniperruff
Originally posted by: Captante

unlikely. eating dog is illegal in hong kong.

He didn't buy it in a restaurant or anything like that ... he was a crew-member on a large experimental sailing yacht & its custom made carbon-fiber mast was damaged while in harbor in Hong Kong. Apparently the mast took 6 months to make & ship over from the USA & during that time the owners of the yacht ran out of money to pay the crew.

He was close to starving but fortunately he was able to buy some cheap food on the street from a guy who spoke no english, but later showed him the dog which had supplied the meat & several more in various stages of being butchered ... a disgusting but true story.

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002
Originally posted by: destrekor
:(
if I ever found out I ate puppy somewhere, I would storm into the kitchen and proceed to beat down the man who cooked that meat.
One man's pet is another man's lunch.