Quicken 2011 - $45 (Deluxe), $65 (premier) - @Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Termie

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
www.techbuyersguru.com
Quicken 2011 was just released last week, and Amazon seems to be the only store carrying it. It is also significantly discounting all versions of the software - they are much cheaper than the 2010 versions and most likely cheaper than what you'll eventually find on store shelves.

Quicken is a must-have for all of us Microsoft Money users who were left out in the cold, and 2011 is apparently a much improved version of the buggy Quicken 2010.

Quicken Deluxe 2011 - $45: http://www.amazon.com/Intuit-413790-...bxgy_sw_text_c

Quicken Premier 2011 - $65: http://www.amazon.com/Intuit-413802-...ref=pd_cp_sw_1

Quicken Home & Business 2011 - $70 (out of stock): http://www.amazon.com/Intuit-413786-...ref=pd_cp_sw_2

Note that the digital download editions of Deluxe and Premier are even cheaper, but they may allow a limited number of installs.

Here's a review of the software: http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/product/707213/review/quicken_premier_2011.html

ClockerXP

Golden Member
Apr 17, 2002
Seems like a good price/discount at Amazon. I forget though...is there usually any type of better deal available on Quicken come tax-time when Intuit is hocking their latest version of TurboTax?

Tates

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 25, 2000
Available at Costco - 42.99 Deluxe, 64.99 Premier, 69.99 Home & Business

amanoai

Nov 19, 2003
I never knew Money was discontinued, I'm still on Money 2007 and before that I think it was Money 99. It's been a long time since I used Quicken. Looks like I may have to look into the 11' version now.

Tates

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 25, 2000
Good catch, although the digital versions of Deluxe and Premier are cheaper at Amazon: $42 and $62, respectively.

At my local Costco:

39.99 Deluxe, 59.99 Premier, 64.99 Home & Business

fritzfield

Mar 4, 2003
I hope that the mods don't mind, but every year I get the newest legitimate version of Quicken Home and Business from a Buy it Now listing on ebay. Currently, there is a listing for 49.99 + 3.99 shipping. I've never had a problem doing this, and it is always an original new in box version. Just thought that I would post this option as it is a very good price. I also get the newest version of TurboTax there when it is released.

Special K

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
Note that the digital download editions of Deluxe and Premier are even cheaper, but they may allow a limited number of installs.

Do you mean they allow a limited number of installs on separate PC's, or do you mean the software will just quit working after it's been installed a certain number of times, regardless of what PC it's installed on?

Also what format is the program delivered to you in (.exe installer, .iso, etc.?)

Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I've never used Amazon's digital download service before.

Last edited:

Termie

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
www.techbuyersguru.com
Do you mean they allow a limited number of installs on separate PC's, or do you mean the software will just quit working after it's been installed a certain number of times, regardless of what PC it's installed on?

Also what format is the program delivered to you in (.exe installer, .iso, etc.?)

Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I've never used Amazon's digital download service before.

I can't say for sure, because I bought the CD version. But I did so due to my bad experience with the digital download of Microsoft Money, which allowed an install on only three computers, and since I had more than three computers during the time I owned it, I couldn't use it on my newest computer. You'll have to look into the user agreement with the Quicken download. I doubt, however, that it will forbid you to reintall on the same computer (for instance, after a reformat), but the truth is, I'd rather go with a CD, for which you won't need to worry about that (as far as I can tell).

cubeless

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2001
just an fyi... since i don't file my taxes until oct 15, i get ttax for about $10 downloaded from amazon in september... pretty good deal if u are a deferring kind of guy like me...

Status
Not open for further replies.