quick, tune into CNN, soledad is being interesting

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
I didn't realize Soledad was black until watching the commentary today. I almost laughed when she said she experienced racism when she was with a friend taking her kid for school enrollment or something. Lol

I swore she was like mediterranean or something

She's like Anthony Quinn of the news media

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: retrospooty
ah... the ambi-racial goodness of Soledad Obrien... =)

According to wiki:
María de la Soledad Teresa O'Brien (born September 19, 1966 in St. James, New York) is a television journalist of Irish Australian and Afro-Cuban heritage

She reminds me of Sue Simmons a NY City anchor whose ethnic. racial background has been a subject of much talk for many, many years. I don't think anyone knows what she is. Howard Stern had great parody called Sue Simmons Hair.
And, yeah, Sue Simmons after like 30 years as an anchor is probably most famous for dropping the f-bomb on the air:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYAMDhVT50I
nsfw

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I don't find her particularly attractive. At first glance, yes, but there is just something off about her and I cannot pin it down, but it's almost like she was made in a lab by somebody who thought he knew what a hot woman should look like, but missed something. I don't know if it's her soul or a facial structure that's half-man or what it is, but there is something off about her. Something that just unsettles me.

GroundedSailor

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2001
I used to enjoy watching the morning CNN news when both the Obriens were anchoring. Nice looking with pleasant delivery. Much better than the current Kiran Chetry.