quick Seti help anyone?

msparish

Aug 27, 2003
Hey, I'm at my home right now, about to head back to college. My sister just got a new computer (P4 2.4) and of course I installed Seti on it. She has dial up, so I was wondering if there is any way to have the completed WU's automatically sent in whenever she gets on the internet. Using Seti Driver with the CLI. Thanks TeAm!

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I'm not sure, but maybe setting SETIDRIVER to AutoTransmit might work. Make sure she has enough WUs to keep the PC crunching until her next Internet connect time.

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
Hello msparish, great to hear that you may get a new P4 helping in the search.

Just set SetiDriver to AUTO TRANSMIT. Be sure to hit that SAVE CONFIG button to save the change. ;)

What will happen is upon completion of a Work Unit, SetiDriver will try to send in that Work Unit and any others that have not yet been transmitted up to that time. If it fails to find an internet connection (make contact) it will time out and wait for one hour.

Eventually, when a Work Unit gets completed AND your sister happens to be online, all completed WUs will be sent in and new ones will be downloaded.

So as RaySun2Be just suggested, you need to make sure a sizable number of Work Units are being cached.

Since her computer can do approximately 8 WUs @ day, I'd suggest you cache between 80 - 100 Work Units. ;)

And don't forget to tell her to keep her computer running even if she is not on the internet. :D

msparish

Aug 27, 2003
Thanks guys. I had it set for the auto-transmit, so I'll just let it do it's thing. Unfortunately it isn't a P4 C, but it's a welcome addition none the less. Go TeAm!

msparish

Aug 27, 2003
Thanks guys. I had it set for the auto-transmit, so I'll just let it do it's thing. Unfortunately it isn't a P4 C, but it's a welcome addition none the less. Go TeAm!