Quick question about World of Warcraft

leglez

Platinum Member
Nov 12, 2005
I have a complete World of Warcraft battlechest I bought a few months back. I installed it and played for a day or two and got bored of it and haven't played again. I have since uninstalled it and it has been in the box since then. I was going to give it to a friend for Christmas, but was wondering since I isntalled it on my PC at one time will he be able to install it on his? I am not very familiar with PC games so I am not really sure. Thanks for any information!

Qbah

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2005
Yes he will, however you used up the key to create an account for WoW. Unless you give him your account too, he won't be able to use the battlechest for anything else than, let's say, a beer stand :p

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
He'll be able to install it, but unless you give him the account info to log on it won't do much good (other than as a source of the data if he bought his own cd keys somewhere else). There's also the matter of using your CC for him to add game time since you already used the free month once you logged in.

leglez

Platinum Member
Nov 12, 2005
Ah I see. Well is there any way to change the account names and stuff? Not sure if he would want to use my account name. Also is there anyway to change the password for my account without reinstalling it?

eddiebravo

Nov 29, 2005
you should give it another chance. WoW is not the kind of game that provides instant gratification the second you start playing. i had the same feeling as you at the start, but it really really picks up and becomes a ton of fun.

Saga

Banned
Feb 18, 2005
Originally posted by: eddiebravo
you should give it another chance. WoW is not the kind of game that provides instant gratification the second you start playing. i had the same feeling as you at the start, but it really really picks up and becomes a ton of fun.

WoW caters to the lowest common denominator.

IE those with little attention span and/or IQ.

IE you.

OP is smart to get out while he's ahead.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: Izusaga

O SNAP

thats EXACTLY what FPS games cater to as well

invidia

Platinum Member
Oct 8, 2006

IE you.

You have a racist/stereotypical mindset that also probably thinks all blacks eat fried chicken or all Southerns are hicks.

I know some very intelligent people that play WoW. Don't force the OP to play the game nor attack the game and its players with ignorance.

nanobreath

May 14, 2008
At the price you can purchase a battlechest for now, it wouldn't make much sense to give him a copy of one you have already used. A 1 month subscription would cost $15, and not giving him at least that one month paid would just be wrong as you would be giving him something that he'd have to pay for to play for even a short time.

However if you just really want to use the box/cd's you have now, most of the account details (email, password, payment info etc) can only be changed at www.worldofwarcraft.com Just click the account management link on the right hand side. The account name and name on the account, i.e. John Smith, CANNOT be changed. One big reason I'd recommend getting a new copy for somebody else.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999

IE you.

/yawn

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000

IE you.

i predict a vacation in your future...and not the tropical beach type either.

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: invidia
You have a racist/stereotypical mindset that also probably thinks all blacks eat fried chicken or all Southerns are hicks.

wat

Anyway, yeah OP, unless you give him your account, just giving him WoW won't be much good. IIRC, he could just download the client online. He needs an account to play, however.