Question

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
Do the deal where you get a card and each time you buy the combo meal they mark the card, 5 marks = free sub with purchase of a drink.

The thing about these deals is that it rewards the guy who gets food for the rest of his office, he goes and gets people's orders but he takes all the marks on the card himself, so if he is getting food for 5 other people he gets his free.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: Kazaam
We own two Blimpies and I'm trying to get ideas of what discounts to give to local business. For most, I just give 10% off. We also have some huge businesses around us (>3K employees), which i want to give even more incentive for them to come in. I want to give 10% off, as well as something like a free cookie per order after 5 p.m. or something. Oh, I think we are also going to be doing $5 footlongs soon.

Thanks, any ideas help a lot!

A 10% discount w/ a valid school ID card would be an incentive if you can afford it Kazaam. :)

xanis

Lifer
Sep 11, 2005
Originally posted by: Zim Hosein
We own two Blimpies and I'm trying to get ideas of what discounts to give to local business. For most, I just give 10% off. We also have some huge businesses around us (>3K employees), which i want to give even more incentive for them to come in. I want to give 10% off, as well as something like a free cookie per order after 5 p.m. or something. Oh, I think we are also going to be doing $5 footlongs soon.

A 10% discount w/ a valid school ID card would be an incentive if you can afford it Kazaam. :)

I agree. A student discount of some sort would be great and would draw in a lot of young people.

Xylitol

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2005
Originally posted by: Xanis
Originally posted by: Zim Hosein

I agree. A student discount of some sort would be great and would draw in a lot of young people.

that reminds me
at my local subway - if you show your highshool id, you get a free drink

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
a group discount ?

The subway down the road will give us a 10% discount if a group of us come in (8ish)

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Instead of discounts how about free delivery with an order of x subs? If you can't do that I'd suggest a nice round number rather than 10% off. Give em a sub, chips and drink for $6 or something similar. There's a reason why every fast food place has value meals on the menu. They work.

rezinn

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2004
Give discounts for lunch. No one cares about after 5pm discounts if they work around there.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
I worked at a Subway in college. I think we did buy 2 get 1 free every Tuesday, and we got tons of students from my college in. 3 ft longs for $9.99 worked pretty well too.

TitanDiddly

Dec 8, 2003
My school does a discount card deal. Each summer they go around to local businesses and ask what kind of deals they can offer students. At the beginning of the year everyone who wants one gets a card and it has all the local businesses and what the deal is. I don't remember exactly what the offers are- stuff like free drink with purchase of meal or something like that.

Maybe one set day a week, you make like 50 subs, drive out to the place, and sell them in the parking lot? People would get used to "Sub Mondays" or whatever- get permission from the business and offer say 3 or 4 different types of subs, not made on the spot. Make it quick and easy. I only get 30 minutes for lunch, and if I have to drive somewhere that eats up a not insignificant amount of time. I'd say ease is king.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001

do like McDonalds.

free sub w/purchase of soda + chips.

obviously, limit the free sub to the cheap ones.

or just do it every Mon

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: Born2bwire
Free subs for all ATOT posters.

Or at the very least, free subs for anyone who has helped out in this thread! ;)

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Originally posted by: biggestmuff
Free sub. That's it. Just a free sub anytime you want. :)

That idea merits some thought. Anyone that can figure out how to make money from that business model will own the world.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999

I work in a sub shop.

For big businesses you should offer reasonable catering. Those places love big orders and we once did a 400 sub order for a local GM plant.

Hand out or put up fliers in those businesses will generate a lot of business.