Question on the EVGA SC 670 recalls

Ashenor

Golden Member
May 9, 2012
I seen it posted a few times they were replacing these. I have one but have not seemed to have any issues. It was a day one card, is there anything i should look for, or should i just contact them to have it replaced and not chance something being wrong with it?

Thanks

Jaydip

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2010
If u can get a FTW card for replacement it would be great :p But they won't probably do it unless it has issues.So just enjoy ur card for the time being.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Basically lock ups, driver restarts inside windows, BSOD, artifacts, rendering errors. Things like that.

You can email Jacob from EVGA and give him your serial number along with details of your issues. You then must register your card on their website, supply a CC# for the cross ship (they don't charge you unless they don't ever receive your card), they ship you a FTW card first via 2 day air and provide a shipping label for your SC card that you use to send your card back.

It was quite painless and when I did it the process went like this.

Sunday I email Jacob, Monday at 4:00PM I had an RMA number, Tuesday my card shipped to me, Thursday I had the new card, friday I shipped my SC card to them, monday they received it.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Note that they're only replacing cards that are having issues*. It's not a general recall. If your card isn't having issues then it's fine and doesn't need replaced.

* It sounds like some early cards that failed validation for the higher SC clocks made it through anyhow. So it's a rather binary issue. Either your card works correctly or it doesn't, and that will never change

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
I seen it posted a few times they were replacing these. I have one but have not seemed to have any issues. It was a day one card, is there anything i should look for, or should i just contact them to have it replaced and not chance something being wrong with it?

Thanks

Artifacts, BSODs, and the card outright dying. These are stories i've read over at the EVGA forum - if you get any funkiness like random artifacts while not overclocked definitely contact their CS. They'll get you taken care of.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I will say that they ask for your serial number so I am sure they know which ones are the bad ones.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
All day I've been considering the EVGA GTX 670 FTW card. Any word on them (good? bad?)
lol, I can let you know in a few days. I am putting together a pretty huge comparison against my gtx570 in some demanding games at various settings. I will be testing stuff that most reviews never fool with.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
I mean is there a word on them if they are dying, artifacting, etc. ? Keep us posted :)
there was a thread on overclock forum where people were getting those for replacements for the SC cards and I did not notice any issues reported. at this point I am more worried about UPS beating the crap out of it since it is literally coming form one side of the country to the other.

Nov 26, 2005
there was a thread on overclock forum where people were getting those for replacements for the SC cards and I did not notice any issues reported. at this point I am more worried about UPS beating the crap out of it since it is literally coming form one side of the country to the other.

That makes me wanna order one right now: not good :(

Hehe :D