Question on memory

Malak

Lifer
Dec 4, 2004
If I am looking at the same chipset but one card has 512mb ddr5 and the other is 1gb ddr3, which should I get? Both same price.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
come on now, we need more info than that. please list the exact cards you are talking about. also list all your specs including the resolution you want to play at and your power supply.

Malak

Lifer
Dec 4, 2004
come on now, we need more info than that. please list the exact cards you are talking about. also list all your specs including the resolution you want to play at and your power supply.

None of that is relevant. I am trying to discover if there is a reason I should take ddr5 over ddr3 when you have half the memory. If resolution matters then you tell me why, what I desire is irrelevant.

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Game resolution matters a lot when you're asking the size of about video memory.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
None of that is relevant. I am trying to discover if there is a reason I should take ddr5 over ddr3 when you have half the memory. If resolution matters then you tell me why, what I desire is irrelevant.

it IS relevant because the actual card you are are talking about, the res being used and your other system specs all matter somewhat. most normal people looking for advice would simply answer the questions from someone trying to help.

Last edited: