Question Question Is MSCDKEYS website legit to buy Windows?

mathawad

Dec 19, 2022
i was thinking to buy a windows 11. when i was searching on google i found mscdkeys website. Should i buy from them? They have microsoft partner id and also have good reviews.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
The only authorized source of stand-alone product keys for Microsoft products available to purchase by the general public, is from Microsoft. Exception are product key cards (I'm not even sure those are being sold for new products), that are almost the same price as the corresponding edition. Enterprise and corporate product licenses are not product keys they are merely license 'seats'.

Having said that, will those purchased outside of this restricted channel work? Usually.

Last edited:

RLGL

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2013
It is possible the keys will work. They may have to be activated through the sellers' website. Support will be through the seller, not MSFT. Updates to the OS is a question to be answered later.

Reactions: mathawad

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Always been curious about these third party resellers. I want to activate a copy of W10 on a secondary PC i threw together with spare parts but I sure as hell am not paying $100 bucks for it.

There are a couple places pretty brazenly promoting "Genuine Windows 10 Product Keys" for $5-$10 and a pretty big part of me is thinking... why the hell not?

At worst I'm out a cheese burger, middling I have to haggle with MS Support to get them to convert say a localized key into something that works, and best case scenario it just works out of the box.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I use a place that's way cheaper than the OPs and haven't had an issue. I do know that if I chose the wrong type of key the store won't even bother replying to that issue. I've seen this in the reviews. I also don't ever plan to contact MS if I have a problem with Windows. I've always done my own troubleshooting so that's not an issue. I'm just a home user who likes to use Win 10 Pro on his machines.