Question for those who wear glasses

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004
Do you find that your glasses make things you're looking at convex? Like say you have a flat-panel monitor, but when you have your glasses on it looks to bulge outwards slightly.

My glasses do this, it's extremely noticeable on walls and the ground, and anything I'm looking at that should be flat (like my monitor).

My contacts don't do it.

MX2

Lifer
Apr 11, 2004
That doesnt seem right. New glasses time? Maybe the focal points arent correct?

chrisms

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2003
I don't wear glasses but I get that effect when wearing someone else's glasses. I think it means those aren't teh right lenses for you

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004
My prescription is pretty strong I guess... 2.5/3.0... whatever that means. But my girlfriend has close to the same perscription and her glasses don't do it.

Maybe I just got a faulty pair of lenses, because the ones I had before these didn't do it, and those were 2.5/2.5

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: mobobuff
Originally posted by: pyonir
Well i don't wear coke bottle glasses...so no.

:p

What are those?

Thick ass lenses. Are you nearly blind without your glasses?

Perhaps the glasses weren't fitted correctly to your head, or are bent.

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004
Originally posted by: Bootprint
Originally posted by: pyonir
Well i don't wear coke bottle glasses...so no.

:p

OMG, mobobuff is really mike smith aka bubbles.

LOL! :laugh:

Alright, I guess these are some defective lenses. My supply of contact lenses is about to run out, I guess I'll have my glasses changed as well when I go to get a new perscription.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Originally posted by: mobobuff
Do you find that your glasses make things you're looking at convex? Like say you have a flat-panel monitor, but when you have your glasses on it looks to bulge outwards slightly.

My glasses do this, it's extremely noticeable on walls and the ground, and anything I'm looking at that should be flat (like my monitor).

My contacts don't do it.

I have not experienced this.

Crucial

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2000
I have the same problem with my glasses. If I look at something horizontal through the top edge of the glasses it looks bent down and if I move my head and look through the bottom edge of the glasses it looks bent up. I don't have a really strong perscription so no coke bottles here. This doesn't happen with my contacts and it's so bad I don't ever wear my glasses because of it.

May 31, 2001
I noticed that my curved monitor looked flat when switching between my old glasses and contacts. I have new glasses now, haven't worn my contacts except when travelling since I got them, so I can't tell regarding them.

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004
A picture of them sorry my camera is deciding not to focus correctly... much like my glasses... sombitch!!!

I don't remember how the nearsighted farsighted thing works, but I'll tell you that I have crystal clear vision from up to a foot away and it blurs as the distance becomes greater.