Question for Soccer (football) fans, looking for help finding a soccer outfit

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I'm guessing there might be some big fans here, I just ordered a Bohemian Bob Marley special edition jersey for a friend who loves soccer and is a huge Bob Marley fan. I'm a typical American which means I know basically jackshit about what the world calls football. I saw a video on YT after I ordered it and the shorts jumped out at me. I linked to the video and am wondering if anyone knows what are the shorts on the guy in the white Marley jersey? They look like they're matching for the jersey, but I don't know shit here. I still Googled myself out here trying to see if I could figure anything out, not even close to a clue still.

I figure a football (soccer) fan might know, or at least be able to point me in a direction of a brand or something. Even if they're technically not matching shorts for that jersey, the colors match and they look good so I want to figure out what the hell they are so I can hopefully order them.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
They are the official shorts for the kit, which their own website does *not* sell. I couldn't find them anywhere.
timthumb.php

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
They are the official shorts for the kit, which their own website does *not* sell. I couldn't find them anywhere.
timthumb.php

Thank you for replying, well damn that sucks :( HUMMM figures. But since you're saying its kit maybe I'll email them, it can't hurt to ask.

Reactions: Captante

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
MG is one of the official sponsors: https://www.mg.ie/news-article/mg-m...icial-electric-vehicle-sponsor-of-bohemian-fc
and you can see the bottom stripes match the rastafari colours from the shirt stripes. Also the goalkeeper kit has the same logo and positioning, so i'm pretty sure that those are the official shorts (trunks?) of the kit.
Wikipedia has the same colours in their description of the away kit. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohemian_F.C.

That's very detailed wow, I spent a chunk of time last night still looking. These shorts don't exist, at least not to the general public. Not even something I could find where you could have it imported to the US at some ridiculous price. O'Neils has some black Bohemia shorts with the rasta stripes but the shorts are black. At this point, I have given up on finding the kit shorts. Since the jersey's fairly new and limited the shorts might never be released.

figures the 1 thing I find can't be purchased ha.

• Haha

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
That's very detailed wow, I spent a chunk of time last night still looking. These shorts don't exist, at least not to the general public. Not even something I could find where you could have it imported to the US at some ridiculous price. O'Neils has some black Bohemia shorts with the rasta stripes but the shorts are black. At this point, I have given up on finding the kit shorts. Since the jersey's fairly new and limited the shorts might never be released.

figures the 1 thing I find can't be purchased ha.

Just because the black shorts are not "official kit" it doesn't meant they couldn't still look good together! (remember the real "gift" is showing that you care about your friend not the $ or the "object" you buy with it)

:)

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
football n stuff

.. not to burst your bubble, but, was this an impulse buy? And, is it for a football fan?

Because, a *good portion of football fans don't feel so great about wearing a jersey from another team. Like .. ever.

*sarcasm

• Haha

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
.. not to burst your bubble, but, was this an impulse buy? And, is it for a football fan?

Because, a *good portion of football fans don't feel so great about wearing a jersey from another team. Like .. ever.

*sarcasm

The friend COULD also be a big Bob Marley fan no?

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
The friend COULD also be a big Bob Marley fan no?
oh yeah i remember when i used to wear a Fiorentina shirt, just because they had Nintendo as the sponsor.
Oh boy, did i have to explain that to my Roma-fan friends.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002

*sarcasm

Was an impulse buy in the sense I wasn't looking for it, but I saw it and my friend came to mind. I found out they don't like the team though, for some reason I saw Bob and the rasta colors on the jersey and just assumed it was the Jamaican club. Which I know they're a fan of, but your reply made me go and look up the team, err club? Ireland? Really?

Yeah no doubt they'll wear it, well I should have done more investigation. They do love Bob but they're a die hard sports person so I don't think they'll like the jersey. I'm still trying to wrap my head around why he's on the Irish clubs jersey.

While I don't watch soccer, I do love me some Marley so I'll probably keep it for myself. And I have red hair so even though I'm not, most people think I'm Irish (I'm Scottish) I'm going to go look up some videos of the club so I can at least know something about them if I plan to wear the jersey.

I don't hate soccer, I just don't know much about it. Maybe this will help me get into it.