Question for people with 2560x1080p/21:9 Monitors

Amksed

Jun 23, 2015
I'm looking to get a new monitor and replace my 32" 1080p TV and my 19" 1024p Dell Monitor. I had my eye set on a 34" 2560x1080p Monitor.

My question I have is that I know there's some programs like LG Splitting tools and some Windows programs that allow you to divide a 1 monitor and make it act like 2 physical monitors.

I'm curious if that if I get this, can I put my gaming outlined in the RED and have it fill all the way up to 1920x1080 and the GREEN fill the rest with browser. I know I could play in Windowed mode and just manually fit each window/game to fix my needs, I'm just curious if there's software or mechanics that make it more user-friendly.

ql8z5Ct.jpg

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Not even sure how that would work out myself, I have a similar Dell I have extended to a Olevia 47" TV

The Dell I have you can spit the screen, but not sure about making it force video that way.

It's doable I suppose, as I have a 47 inch extended to run other video, movies/youtube etc on the side.

I'd think you could do other things one just one screen.

I run video on both screens now and then, probably depends o your vid card a lot.

Last edited:

Amksed

Jun 23, 2015
Not even sure how that would work out myself, I have a similar Dell I have extended to a Olevia 47" TV

I know LG has a program that has preset borders than can do what I was talking about. It pretty much splits the 1 monitor and makes it 2.

They just don't have any that I saw that were 1920x1080p and 640x1080p I guess?

Link to their software - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-9XdLEfFp4

Last edited:

Amksed

Jun 23, 2015
From what I've seen, I can manually make everything the way I want. Just run a game in Windowed Mode and select 1920x1080p and position it. Then all I have to do is position the Browser/OBS/Spotify the way I want manually. Was just hoping there was an easier way or a way to make custom presets.