Question for Logitech G402 users

Asingo

Sep 3, 2017
I want to buy G402 but I can`t try it anywhere in my city. Will sniper button be a big discraction? Since my thumb will always be on sniper button I was wondering will it be too easy to press when surfing, gaming, or doing some other work?

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
i can answer that for you, despite not owning a 402.
The "sniper" button is harder to press than the other buttons. So, no.

what that button does is change the DPI on the fly. lowers your sensitivity for smaller movements, then reverts back to normal sensitivity for run n gun.

You can get *very* detailed reviews (including the buttons and shell) of just about every major gaming mouse by watching Rocketjumpninja's videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGJaDZC7PChgd-XMwcbZkiw

you don't really need a DPI-changing button. You should be able to set up your mouse sensitivity well enough so that you can snipe, snap and track all with the same setting. at most, you will want a zoom, which any respectable FPS game has (EXCEPT REFLEX! *headdesk* WHY_U_NO ZOOM, NEWBORN!!).

What game is it that you play ?

Asingo

Sep 3, 2017
i can answer that for you, despite not owning a 402.
The "sniper" button is harder to press than the other buttons. So, no.

what that button does is change the DPI on the fly. lowers your sensitivity for smaller movements, then reverts back to normal sensitivity for run n gun.

You can get *very* detailed reviews (including the buttons and shell) of just about every major gaming mouse by watching Rocketjumpninja's videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGJaDZC7PChgd-XMwcbZkiw

you don't really need a DPI-changing button. You should be able to set up your mouse sensitivity well enough so that you can snipe, snap and track all with the same setting. at most, you will want a zoom, which any respectable FPS game has (EXCEPT REFLEX! *headdesk* WHY_U_NO ZOOM, NEWBORN!!).

What game is it that you play ?

I play mostly RTS and RPG. I think g402 is a great mouse but on a couple reviews on youtube in user comments some stated that sniper button is too easy to press accidentally. I don`t think it is a good idea to risk that, better to increase my budget or find some other mouse in that price range.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
you can play RTS and RPG games with a 1990 ball mouse. These are mice designed for games that require extreme accuracy.

Corsair makes some reasonably priced mice with good sensors and a useful number of programmable buttons. I mea, jesus, even Cougar makes multi-button mice good enough. You can probably get a good optical multibutton mouse from Amazon for $9.99.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
I play mostly RTS and RPG. I think g402 is a great mouse but on a couple reviews on youtube in user comments some stated that sniper button is too easy to press accidentally. I don`t think it is a good idea to risk that, better to increase my budget or find some other mouse in that price range.

I don't know about that specific mouse, but in other Logitech mice you can reassign that button to any command you want with the Logitech software. If it becomes a problem you should be able to just reassign it to a not do anything.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I don't know about that specific mouse, but in other Logitech mice you can reassign that button to any command you want with the Logitech software. If it becomes a problem you should be able to just reassign it to a not do anything.

Yep. You can make it use any DPI you want. I used to use the G502, which also has the sniper button, and I just set it to use the same DPI that I normally use. The G502 is a little different as the sniper button is a bit harder to accidentally hit; however, the DPI Up button is far easier to hit, and I used to hit it quite often to the point where I had to remove all other DPI options.

Asingo

Sep 3, 2017
I read that many users g502 has problems with mouse double clicking:confused2: I bought before Asus gladius but I didn`t find it comfortumbly, rubber seem very slippery so I returned it. Does anyone here has Logitech G403? Would shape of Asus gladius be to similar to g403, same grip?

ao_ika_red

Golden Member
Aug 11, 2016
Just bought G102 (or G203 for European and North American equivalent) and I can confirm that DPI switch needs good amount of pressure to be activated so it almost impossible to be activated accidentally. This particular model is the cheaper model of G Pro and some e-tailers sell it much cheaper than G402.

danEboy83

Jun 7, 2007
I'm an avid gamer, I play a lot of fps and moba games. I've been playing since 1999 and have used everything from ball mouse to laser/optical. Now that my horn has officially been tooted, I will say this. I have used both the g402 and the g403. The way the 402 and the 502 sits in the hand positions your fingers out of the way dpi buttons and back buttons comfortably. That being said, the grooves for the hand position are very specific and comfortable for some, but i prefer the comfort of the g403. The 403 has a slightly higher dome shape that fits in your palm as an old school intellimouse from microsoft would. I wouldn't consider my hands large, but the slight adjustment in height for the 403 suits me. The 402 does however feels sturdier and has a greater sense of grip. The 403 seems lighter to me, but my aim in games such as counter strike benefited from the raised palm, as i drag my wrist less. I don't recall ever accidentally double clicking, and I would have to say the clicking sensation on all logitech mouses are top notch. FYI, the low profile g402/502 are one of a kind, if it suits you there aren't many other designs like it.

danEboy83

Jun 7, 2007
I read that many users g502 has problems with mouse double clicking:confused2: I bought before Asus gladius but I didn`t find it comfortumbly, rubber seem very slippery so I returned it. Does anyone here has Logitech G403? Would shape of Asus gladius be to similar to g403, same grip?

The top plastic of the g403 feels slippery but your thumb and pinky or ring finger should do most of the control, the texture there is different and has a nice grip. Slippery mouse feet is up to the user and a different kind of mouse pad can help with slippery mouse feet. The g402 has a deep thumb groove and decent pinky groove for gripping, very unique to logitech i believe.