Question for anyone in TX or OK

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Has anyone been to Lake Texoma? Have any hotel/activity recommendations? Wife and I are planning to go up their this weekend and neither of us has ever been. Web sites leave a little to be desired. Thanks

thereds

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2000
Hmmm, I've not been there but I had an aunt and her family that went there. I heard the hotel wasn't as good as they would have liked. Maybe this was Lake Murray.

I suggest you post at BoomerSooner. Its a sports BBS but they don't mind an occasional OT post.

:)

gooseman

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
I've been to Lake Texoma before but we stayed on a 35 foot sailboat so I can't really recommend a good hotel but the lake and the area are absolutely beautiful. Go out at night, look up into the sky if it is clear. You are far away from all the city lights and on a clear night you can see millions of stars.

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
I checked with Tanglewood. I waited too long, they are booked. Most of the other places want 2-3 day reservations and we had only planned on one night, so, we are just going to make it a day trip. Looks like a beautiful lake, should be fun.