Question about Time Warner and EMAIL

MustISO

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I have Comcast so I'm not familiar with Time Warner but my sister was told by Time Warner that you cannot check your email on any other computer except for the computer you initially setup the account on.

They have a webmail interface on their site so I would think it would be the same as any other provider. She was told they don't store any emails on their servers and they would begin to delete them if she didn't get them with her email client.

I'm sorry, something just doesn't make sense.

Aluvus

Platinum Member
Apr 27, 2006
Perhaps they meant that they use POP3, and messages that are downloaded that way (vice webmail client) are deleted from the server.

Anyway, the obvious thing to do would be to just try to check email from another computer.

MustISO

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I tried to check her email from my PC but she couldn't remember her email PW (I mean seriously). I just wanted some kind of confirmation that she/they are crazy. She bet me $50 that she was right.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
we have TWC but to be honest ive never once used the web interface if there even is one, i dont think ive every been to the TW website, i use Outlook to check it, its POP3

doan

Golden Member
Dec 17, 2000
Most providers will let you read/download mail (using POP3 or IMAP) from anywhere, but you can only sendmail (using their SMTP server) when you are using their line.

marvdmartian

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2002
MustISO, I can tell you that I've had no difficulty reading my e-mail while on vacation, either using the RoadRunner webmail service, or using www.e-mailanywhere.com to do so. And yes, you do need to have your password for either, items deleted are gone forever, and anything downloaded from their service via POP3 can't be accessed later via webmail.

However, anything accessed via a webmail service can still be downloaded via POP3 (i.e.-outlook) later on (in other words, if you access it via webmail, you can still download it later on your own computer).

Tell your sis she's owes you a US Grant. :)