Question about Prometia

CheckM8

Jun 28, 2003
As I stated in a post earlier, I am thinking about oc'ing my 3.2 chip. The only thing that is holding me back is the cooling solution. Right now my box is totally air cooled and keeps processor heat down to 50c on full load, but what I have heard that when you start tweaking, you generate Lots of heat. I have heard that the best cooling solution is the prometia case. Which brings me to my question. Has anybody ever seen one of these things up close and personal. Would it be worth spending the lot of money they want for the case/cooler? I mean how much can you overclock that particular chip? If it is for a mere 300Mhz then I don't think I will spend the money. Now if I can get it up around 4Ghz I would like to give it a shot. I must say that this hobby is a bit spendy to say the least.

Thanks
CheckM8

stardust

Golden Member
May 17, 2003
Why do you need to OC a 3.2ghz p4? @ 0.13 microns and such a high multiplier, I don't think theres much room for OC. If you DID want to OC the 3.2, the prometia would be your best choice. I've only seen one at a lan party i was at, but the guy's system was a 2.53ghz p4 @ 3.5ghz, i was amazed. You will probably not make 4ghz with that cpu, but who knows until you try ;).

To me, the prometia is not worth it, your cpu is fast enough. You paid so much for it, why risk killing it?