question about newegg (pricing guarantee?)

edm

Mar 7, 2000
Hope its ok to post this here. Just ordered an XP 2400+ from newegg on Sunday for $130 (shipped last night) and the price today is $115. Does newegg offer a price guarantee?, i.e. can I contact them to adjust my order to the current price. or am I stuck paying the higher price? (couldn't find anything on their website).

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
has the order already been shipped?? last I knew newegg was a bastard about pricematching..but if it hasnt shipped yet, you can always cancel your first order

edm

Mar 7, 2000
yes, it shipped yesterday :disgust: I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble of reordering it, and refusing (return to sender) the first shipment.

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: edm
yes, it shipped yesterday :disgust: I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble of reordering it, and refusing (return to sender) the first shipment.

why not call them and ask?

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
price is down to $111 shipped at newegg according to techbargains...for 30 bucks i would check into

edited for accuracy

edm

Mar 7, 2000
I think the $111 is OEM, I ordered the retail, which is now $116. Still, I was pushing my budget when I ordered it at $130. so I'd like to get the $14 bucks back. I just got off the phone with them (a very nice csr btw) anyway, they do not offer a price guarantee, but he said if I wanted to refuse the first order from fedex, it would be returned for a refund. So I guess that's what I will do.

Garet Jax

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2000
Originally posted by: edm
I think the $111 is OEM, I ordered the retail, which is now $116. Still, I was pushing my budget when I ordered it at $130. so I'd like to get the $14 bucks back. I just got off the phone with them (a very nice csr btw) anyway, they do not offer a price guarantee, but he said if I wanted to refuse the first order from fedex, it would be returned for a refund. So I guess that's what I will do.

Be carefful because they may charge a restocking fee.

edm

Mar 7, 2000
Originally posted by: Garet Jax

Be careful because they may charge a restocking fee.

Was just about to hit the confirm order button when I saw your post :) so I called them back, he said they do not charge a restocking fee for "refused" orders :) thnx for the warning though because that didnt even cross my mind.

Now I just need to make sure I'm home when the fedex guy delivers it, to refuse it, they has a tenancy of just leaving things at my door and leaving.