Question about media mail shipping through the Post Office

michaels

Banned
Nov 30, 2005
I am making a deal on a site(tradegamesnow.com) and I am paying shipping and shipping first. Media Mail has an option for a package and is the cheapest, but according to the USPS website it must contain media material, how will they know what is in there? The item is a portable dvd player.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: michaels
I am making a deal on a site(tradegamesnow.com) and I am paying shipping and shipping first. Media Mail has an option for a package and is the cheapest, but according to the USPS website it must contain media material, how will they know what is in there? The item is a portable dvd player.

FWIW media mail = put on the backs of lazy camels with dementia

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
don't be a cheater

you should be shipping a portable dvd player via ups or fedex or dhl ground service

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
What's wrong with the post office?

Nothing. But Media Mail isn't for DVD players. It's for books, or the DVDs themselves.
Link

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
They put all media mail on a vibration machine to shake the hell out of it, which would not damage media (CDs, books, etc.). If your item gets damaged, you can't even file a claim because you would be admitting mail fraud.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Seems like a waste of time to put every package on a vibration machine.

seem slike a waste to commit mail fruad to save a few bucks.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Seems like a waste of time to put every package on a vibration machine.

It takes no extra time. All the media mail has to be separated anyway from 1st class, 3rd class, etc. because they are processed based on class of service. At the distribution centers the packages travel on conveyors as they get sorted, and the vibration machines are in-line with the conveyors. They are still moving at the same rate.

Parasitic

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2002
There's "3rd class" mailing? Is that for business mass mail?
BTW media mail sucks. I'd hunt you down and kick your balls in if I were the buyer.

michaels

Banned
Nov 30, 2005
Well I went ahead and did priority. And you wouldn't do anything as I am the seller, paying shipping and shipping the item before getting paid.

Hammerhead

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2001
Since the recent rate change, I've noticed that you really don't save much by sending stuff via media mail any more. The difference came out to be less than a quarter in some instances.