Question About Malvo Sniper Case

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
How hard is it going to be to find an impartial jury for a capital murder case with the death penalty is possible?

Of course they are probely guilty, but the defendents are entitled as the law states.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
"Probably" guilty?! That's like saying OJ 'might' have done it...

I work within spitting distance of several of the murder scenes, and can remember people in my office wondering what gas station would be safe to fuel up at. I hope they both are put to death - anyone who makes sport of shooting little kids and innocent mothers and fathers deserves to die.

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
that is emotion speaking.

Think for a second. If they cant Get an impartial Jury, the problems of a mistrial come into play.

Remeber this before you think with your heart instead of your Head.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Gee, thanks Dad.

I'm aware of the potential of a mistrial, which is why I'm hoping the jury wil be brought in from outside the MD/VA area.
There's nothing emotional about ending these sorry sacks of sh!t - my head, not my heart, tells me it is illogical to allow those who kill the innocent for fun to continue living. They've systematically proven to the masses they can't be left to their own devices, and I see no reason why the taxpayers should have to foot the bill of 2 life-sentences.

bjc112

Lifer
Dec 23, 2000
Originally posted by: smashp
that is emotion speaking.

Think for a second. If they cant Get an impartial Jury, the problems of a mistrial come into play.

Remeber this before you think with your heart instead of your Head.

That's emotion speaking...

IF they don't get put to death it's absolute BULL SH!T.

They killed 10 people in cold blood, and now are trying to pleed insane, i wish i was on the jury. They should be put to death.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Can you still find 12 people in this country without TVs who live out in BFE and have never heard of the sniper case? Seems like a virtual impossibility.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
I can round up 11 of my 'Nam Vet friends to give them a fair and speedy trial by M-16 if they would let us.

(What goes around - comes around) and it would be as fair to them as they were to others.

Bulk Beef

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Can you still find 12 people in this country without TVs who live out in BFE and have never heard of the sniper case? Seems like a virtual impossibility.
It's not necessary for the jurors to be completely unfamiliar with the case. They're simply looking for people that were not excessively exposed to media coverage, and whose daily lives were not affected, which is why both trials were relocated to counties well outside the DC area. Barring some sort of juror misconduct, I don't see a mistrial happening.