Question about HDMI cables/switch for my home theater

darkenedaura

Jul 8, 2005
Hey guys, I was looking to do a few things with some cables from monoprice.com (I was recommended to that site as a much better alternative to buying monster cable), but I don't know what to buy, please advise:

1. I'd like to hook up my DVD player which has HDMI out to my Samsung 50" DLP HDTV

2. I'd like to hook up my computer to my TV as well (have a bfg 7800 gtx, so it has an extra DVI out and SVideo out)

3. I'd like to use an HDMI switch box, since my TV only has one HDMI input

So with these things in mind... what do I buy from monoprice.com ? I know I need a DVI to HDMI cable, the switch box, and 2 HDMI-HDMI cables... but there's quite the variety on their site (22,24,26,28 AWG, some with net jackets, some with ferrite cores, I have no idea what to do!)

Can anyone help please? :)

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2001
How long is the cable run going to be? I've used their various HDMI/DVI cables, they have all worked fine. You can go for the cheapest ones for short distances. I used the cheapest one for a 10' run.

darkenedaura

Jul 8, 2005
My room is 12'x13' so I don't think I need the cables to be longer than 10'... should I just go with the cheapest ones then (i think that's the 28AWG)? Also do you have a recommendation for the HDMI switch box thing?

Also do I want the Ferrite cores and/or the net jackets?

Thanks in advance :D

AlucardX

May 20, 2000
goto monoprice.com

they'll have everything you need.. the 5x1 hdmi switch box comes with a remote.