Question about FedEX shipping status

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
I bought an iPod via the Apple Store last week. I was checking the shipping status via FedEx's website.

It showed the following status:
Jul 14, 2006 12:57 PM

Shipment exception

MISSISSAUGA, ON

Held, cleared regulatory agency(s) after aircraft departed

7:07 AM

At dest sort facility

MISSISSAUGA, ON

What does 'Shipment Exception' mean? Also what do they mean by "cleared regulatory agency(s) after aircraft departed " ?

Thanks

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Your iPod is sitting in Mississauga, ON. It missed the plane due to some pinhead bureaucrat wanting to inspect the container it was in. They probably shook your iPod to boot.

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: ironwing
Your iPod is sitting in Mississauga, ON. It missed the plane due to some pinhead bureaucrat wanting to inspect the container it was in. They probably shook your iPod to boot.

But it shouldn't get on a plane from Missauga, ON. I live 30mins from there, I'm assuming it would come by local road transit (ie: FedEx truck) to my place.

Whihc is why I didn't get the whole customs thing.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Oh, you're right. I didn't notice the timestamps. It missed a plane to Missauga due to a bureaucratic hold but is now in Missauga at the sort facility waiting to be loaded on a truck. As far as what might cause the bureaucratic hold, beats me. At what point is the VAT extracted?

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
Originally posted by: intogamer
When I see cleared regulatory agency... I see customs?

Ipod shipped from US?
Yep, Canadian customs blows.

He's thinking he can get normal shipments like an American. ;)