Question about ebay...

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I was bidding on an item, and there was 22 seconds left when I tried to place my bid (according to the site). However, when I placed the bid, it said the auction had already ended.

What's up with that?

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
It took longer than 22 seconds for everything to go through?...

You must be on dialup. :p

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: Stefan
I was bidding on an item, and there was 22 seconds left when I tried to place my bid (according to the site). However, when I placed the bid, it said the auction had already ended.

What's up with that?

LOL sounded like the seller ended it a few seconds early to stop snipers.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
yeah bid and stop sniping....

I actually got a sniper who hit on three of my items, asking me to go $1 on the fourth because 'my computer crashed when I was getting ready to bid'. I told him $15 shipped (fair price for a roller cam shaft).

I have it relisted....he is in for a rude awakening if he snipes this time as I am advertising my auctions now....many snipers will be found ;)

Å

BigKev

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Eli
It took longer than 22 seconds for everything to go through?...

You must be on dialup. :p

I agree. I have a cable connection and 8-10 seconds is all it takes for mine to go through.

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I actually only came onto the item with less than 1 minute before it ended. I took a 30 second look over the item then went to place my bid.

Oh well. The guy was selling a number of the same item, so I just sent him an email.