Question about disputing credit information

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellfreeze

Golden Member
Dec 7, 2001
Early last year (I think) I disputed a supposed 30 days late from 2008 (annual fee card...oversight. I probably was late) with Experian and it ended up getting removed.

This month, I disputed the same 30 days late with Transunion and the credit card company didn't change the status...INSTEAD they also changed my Experian credit file to show the 30 days late (AFTER they removed it after my dispute).

Given that I have credit report copies showing that the 30 days late was removed, and with my previous dispute from Experian, can I claim a double-jeopardy scenario? My thinking is that I disputed with Experian and they removed it, so they shouldn't put it back now, especially when I disputed with Transunion and not Experian.

What do you guys think? Has anyone dealt with anything similar?

hellfreeze

Golden Member
Dec 7, 2001
Pay your bills on time.

Haha...yeah the 2008 30 day's day a stupid oversight...I made my mistakes many years ago when I was 18, but have corrected those mistakes. This one was just stupid on my part.

My score is fine...I'm not worried about the score...just wondering about this particular situation in case a creditor were to dig into my history.

Last edited:

boomhower

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2007
They can reinsert pretty much anything but are supposed to send you a letter beforehand letting you know why. You may want to try a goodwill letter if you have had a long and otherwise perfect history with the card issuer. Long shot but worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.