Question about cell phone violation thing in NY

nativesunshine

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2003
So..what's the deal with that? I've been looking online and I can't seem to find any information about it...other than newspaper articles.

I need to know how much it costs for the first violation...and where/who to send the payment to.

My mom's boss got a ticket in NY for using her cell phone while driving. And now they have to pay it..but they have no clue how b/c nowhere on the ticket does it specify how much it costs or where to send it to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

isasir

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
I'm assuming if it has no cost nor where to send payment that it's mandatory he/she shows up in court to hear the fine.

WhiteKnight77

Mar 10, 2003
Call the phone number on the ticket. There should be a listing as to which court the hearing is at and a number to it.

nativesunshine

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2003
No phone number on the ticket.

My mom just faxed it to me...

says to either plead guilty or not guilty....and to fill out a form and mail it back w/ payment.

The Fine Schedule does not mention cell phone usage...should i assume that's listed under "all other offenses"?

There's a court date scheduled..but it's not required, i think. I dunno. blah.

Kenny

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 2002
Originally posted by: nativesunshine

Originally posted by: RishiS
I'm assuming if it has no cost nor where to send payment that it's mandatory he/she shows up in court to hear the fine.

Winner!

nativesunshine

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2003
Originally posted by: t60
Originally posted by: nativesunshine

Originally posted by: RishiS

Winner!

Well..i said in my second post..that it did mention where to send it to...but the cost is still unknown b/c of the listing in that fine schedule table thing.

My mom just didn't read all the fine print on the ticket..that's why she thought it didn't specify a mailing address.