Queen Elizabeth II has died at 96

Xcobra

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2004
Don't understand worshipping rich people for being born rich. One big mouth UK taxpayers don't have to feed now.
Too soon? Lol... I mean, I kind of agree with you in a general sense. But I'm happy she passed. She was too old and the stress of that shyte can't be good. So she's literally R.I.P.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Couldn't wait, huh.
Elizabeth Windsor had seventy years to speak out against the violence perpetrated by her government and in her name against the people of Ulster and chose not to do so. I guess she had more important things to do.

Reactions: anky

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Elizabeth Windsor had seventy years to speak out against the violent perpetrated by her government and in her name against the people of Ulster and chose not to do so. I guess she had more important things to do.
Exactly.

And she's dead

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Elizabeth Windsor had seventy years to speak out against the violent perpetrated by her government and in her name against the people of Ulster and chose not to do so. I guess she had more important things to do.
I get all that.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Elizabeth Windsor had seventy years to speak out against the violence perpetrated by her government and in her name against the people of Ulster and chose not to do so. I guess she had more important things to do.

Yes, and there were many other things people criticized her for not commenting about in public. Like apartheid. Because she didn't voice any of her political views publically. Like never in the entire 70 years she was on the throne. She talked privately to every PM and expressed her views. But she considered being publicly non-partison to be an essential part of her job.

Reactions: hal2kilo

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Yes, and there were many other things people criticized her for not commenting about in public. Like apartheid. Because she didn't voice any of her political views publically. Like never in the entire 70 years she was on the throne. She talked privately to every PM and expressed her views. But she considered being publicly non-partison to be an essential part of her job.

Her job of being rich off the taxpayer's dime?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Speaking out against the violence of your own government isn't a partisan position; it is a duty of leadership and she failed.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014

Why would a PM want to know what some entitled silver spoon bag thinks of his policy anyways?

• Haha
Reactions: Muse

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Elizabeth Truss to QE2 48 hours ago: "There can be, only one, Elizabeth..."

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Prince Charles err King Charles probably started moonwalking to the news.
Funny, I had to look up to see how old he was and I didn't finish " how old is" and prince Charles was the first search term that came up. Anyway, starting a new career at 73 seems kind of too little too late.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
For whatever reason, the British for the most part think it's very important to their culture. I don't understand it completely, but you surely don't.

Many of us do. I think it's a ridiculous system, personally (though I don't think the US system is much better). It's going to get even worse with King Charles (though he might not be called that - weirdly, it's possible he'll pick a new name when be becomes King, apparently that's part of the convention).

Elizabeth did at least keep her views to herself. She probably carried out an absurd job as least-badly as anyone could have managed. Charles does not seem to have the same sense of 'duty' - he has always seemed to have a very high opinion of himself and his 'expertise' on all things. I don't think it's going to go well. In the meantime there's going to be weeks of the media talking of nothing else but all things Royal, which I am going to find an endurance test.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Many of us do. I think it's a ridiculous system, personally (though I don't think the US system is much better). It's going to get even worse with King Charles (though he might not be called that - weirdly, it's possible he'll pick a new name when be becomes King, apparently that's part of the convention).

Elizabeth did at least keep her views to herself. She probably carried out an absurd job as least-badly as anyone could have managed. Charles does not seem to have the same sense of 'duty' - he has always seemed to have a very high opinion of himself and his 'expertise' on all things. I don't think it's going to go well. In the meantime there's going to be weeks of the media talking of nothing else but all things Royal, which I am going to find an endurance test.
She made a valiant attempt at cleaning up the reputation of the family. Holy hell, her previous predecessors were serious wankers. The whole Dianna thing blew all of that up. No, I'm not blaming Diana.

Reactions: pcgeek11

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I also wonder what our new government might get up to while the media is entirely preoccupied with the transition of monarch.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

Slightly weird mixed-message there! Generally referring to Northern Ireland as "Ulster" is a signifier of Unionism.

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
deepest, deepest condolences to a great Lady - one who exemplified the dignity, honor and love of country. May she forever be remembered.

Reactions: pcgeek11