"Quality of Life Citations" yay or nay?

Jerboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2001
I just got through reading an article dealing with loitering, drinking and other municipal violations in downtown area. The linky

It appears the police was working on getting the regulars that loiters and do disorderly conducts.

These are certain things that caught my attention in the article.

"The patrols phone police when they spot public drinkers, harassment of shoppers, public urination, aggressive panhandling or more serious crimes."

Applaud for the patrols for their effort to maintain a city a safe place for shoppers and pleasant place for businesses. Such will help shoppers feel comfortable, bring in businesses and improve the economy. Their great action as a whole, helps the free movement of capitalisim in their town.

"Nancy North Shore does not want to come downtown if she thinks she will be assaulted by public drinking and urination, or harassment," says Elizabeth Nicols, who runs Milwaukee downtown, a new business improvement district. "Downtown is a neighborhood. These incidents would not be tolerated in a residential area anywhere else."

I agree. Anyone, especially regulars found in disorderly conducts should be cited. They should be then be jailed if they fail to follow up with the citation.

In my opinion, strict enforcement of "quality of life" enforcement helps downtown a great place for business improvement, tourists and curbs becoming slum. Agressive panhandling can make people feel threateand and public drunkness, offensive odors and public urinations all lowers the image of town. When such acts are eliminated, people feel better about the town. Increased town image brings in people that contributes to economical growth of the city center.

I am totally for enforcement of "quality of life" violations.

Vote in my poll and post your opinions on quality of life enforcement.

Kilgor

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I agree we need to get rid of all those nasty street people and drunks. They can all move in with you and your light bulbs. :)

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
jeez yet another post in the inane transient crusade.:disgust:

suggestion:try helping out your local transient(s) instead making thier life more difficult.That is, if you have any compassion to speak of.

Jerboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2001
Originally posted by: ncircle
jeez yet another post in the inane transient crusade.:disgust:

suggestion:try helping out your local transient(s) instead making thier life more difficult.That is, if you have any compassion to speak of.

If I had any money to do that, I'd better donate it to the police bureau for expansion of disorderly conduct policing.

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
so you think they should put in jail???

our jails are already overfilled with drug dealers, rapists, and murderers..... do we really need to spend my taxpayer money to take care of public urinators?

i say there are things way more important than this that need to be taken care of first.

Jerboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2001
Originally posted by: Rallispec
so you think they should put in jail???

our jails are already overfilled with drug dealers, rapists, and murderers..... do we really need to spend my taxpayer money to take care of public urinators?

i say there are things way more important than this that need to be taken care of first.

The current prison system takes too good of care of criminals.

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000
lets hope you never take that silver spoon out of your mouth and have to work for your own survival or think for yourself. You could end up doing something that is irrational to people in gated communities