Quake Champions Beta - non disclosure

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002
FYI NDA is lifted.

I also agree with Moonbogg 100%, i am a casual FPS player who plays single player Doom and Crysis games as well as multiplayer CS and Ghost in the Machine and i can play with moderate success. But my only success in Quake Champions is dying fast and often. I am not the core audience for this game and will never buy it.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I played the beta, and found myself really wanting a LAN party option for this game. It sucks getting schooled by a 13 year old with faster reflexes than you, but I'd love to play with some friends who only game casually.

The game seems super easy to pick up for a local gaming party. My four year old watched me play it for about five minutes, and even she was screaming "GET THE QUAD!" by the end :)

slugg

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
I think they ruined it by removing actual Quake movement from every character other than the weakest character with the least amount of HP and armor. Just stupid.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
Quake Champions can be played for free right now on Steam.

Not having played any type of Quake in the past 10 years, I can certainly tell that I have lost a step or two. OUCH!

Reactions: JimKiler

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
QuakeLive is still the best quake, and afaik should still be free on steam (or,like, five buxx), the population is high and stable and everything works.